• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro super high flow air filter. Acme cyclone Pro

darrenmunkley

My YouTube link for the video Here is the video of my air filter. The car is on plastic drift tyres watch how quick it gets into 2nd gear See pictures for how I made it. 

I got the air filter from wish, others had put them on there nitro's. More searching I found that they are for scooters mopeds & RB innovations sell the same thing for crazy money, I made it for £3. 

Yesterday I had a speed bash on road tyres, best my car has run. I videoed it u can hear it hit 2nd gear & it's flying. 

Today I made my new air filter, ****.... it revs 40% higher I reckon. I was on drift tyres & the speeds I was getting up to on hard plastic tyres was unbelievable. 2nd gear is there in half the time. I was concerned at the time how fast it will be on my slick road tyres. 

Words come to mind like. Runway. Frightening, crash barriers, expensive 

I will be adding the video 

Photo Collage_20190513_231719934.jpg

Edited by darrenmunkley
To add video

Seen this mod lots of times... You have to be careful using these rebranded oil breather filters... Due to their open nature... You may want to add an extra layer of foam around the filter itself.... 

They also make your engine run leaner due to more air flow than a standard 2 stage foam filter.... Which is why your seeing power gains.... Make sure you richen your mix to compensate... 

?

ByYeah the few symptoms u described happen my revs fluctuate. Wen rolling to stop revs do a big drop to wot I think is a good low idle. Fule consumption is better. I have had over heat cut outs last few days in hot weather with shell on but as standard I read the car over heats. 

I had thought of opening one of them filters & putting a electric fan inside & connecting  to the throttle servo for power so the fan would suck at different revs similar the throttle. (if it worked) it's probably more complex connection than. Is it? 

I really think it would be overkill super lean, damaging & a bitch to tune

On 15/05/2019 at 09:29, Fly In My Soup said:

Seen this mod lots of times... You have to be careful using these rebranded oil breather filters... Due to their open nature... You may want to add an extra layer of foam around the filter itself.... 

They also make your engine run leaner due to more air flow than a standard 2 stage foam filter.... Which is why your seeing power gains.... Make sure you richen your mix to compensate... 

?