• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Kyosho MP9e 6s "Speeder"....

targetingxmod

So what is the best you've got so far?, ...from the video it looked like 106kmph (65mph). 

I run a speed runner myself, an Arrma Typhon 6S. Great fun doing speed runs. ? 

• Like 1

Yes, that's the speed recorded on that video... my best is this...

But i am after the best possible speed till LVC kicks in....not a single pass! Also i do not have found yet space with +400meters to reach 100mph :)

Also don't know how but that video pass the 1million views, already!

Edited by targetingxmod
  • Like 2

Very nice @targetingxmod .

That's a great stretch of road for speed runs.

I've just started out doing them this year with my Arrma Typhon 6S but I need to find a better place to do my runs. Last time out the rear broke loose under braking and hit a curb stone so it's on the bench being repaired. These things happen though as you know. ? 

• Like 1

@targetingxmod you're still running a centre differential then? 

I run a centre spool as do most other speed runners that I've talked to about this. 

Also I didn't realise you were running 1/5th scale tyres. They look great, ...do you know what sort of speeds they are rated to?

I run GRP's myself which are a belted tyre and are rated for speeds well above 100mph. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Perfect spot for the speed runs. Where is that? I’m struggling to find anywhere decent that doesn’t involve dodging traffic.

edit:

just looked at your profile. I’m guessing it’s somewhere in Portugal? 😩😆

Edited by Ant.p

2 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Perfect spot for the speed runs. Where is that? I’m struggling to find anywhere decent that doesn’t involve dodging traffic.

edit:

just looked at your profile. I’m guessing it’s somewhere in Portugal? 😩😆

Yep... and that spot is small... it's only around 200meter... i need a 400meter one...but can't find one with no traffic!

Yes, Portugal! 🙂 My home country!

Here is the edited video...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, targetingxmod said:

Yep... and that spot is small... it's only around 200meter... i need a 400meter one...but can't find one with no traffic!

Yes, Portugal! 🙂 My home country!

Here is the edited video...

Thought it looked too sunny to be somewhere England! Cloudy and wet here.

well done on the PB. You’re way ahead of me at the moment. I imagine both yours and mine have more to give. It’s difficult finding the right place to test them. All part of the challenge I suppose.

On 10/03/2019 at 18:47, targetingxmod said:

On speed rc's every single run could be disasterous...it's the name of the game...

One more video..One of the first ones with this machine...(oldie!!, noticable by the tires used!!) Newbie! lol

never a truer word spoken hence my speeder is a cheap vantage and i am always gonna be limited, best so far is a tad short of 62 MPh but i know it has 70MPH in it

20 hours ago, targetingxmod said:

Made today a PB:

This is the first video (RAW) unedited! 😛

Long time no see. 😉 
Great to see you're still doing the speed runs my friend, ...it's addictive and such fun. I'm still at it with my Typhon and a few other cars now.