• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OStewart's Axial SXC10 II's (Yes I now have 2...)

ostewart

Watch this space... didn't bother saving for the Vanquish VS4-10, too pricey.

So far I have on order:

Axial SCX10 II Raw Builders Kit
Pro-Line 1973 Bronco Body 12" (going dark metallic red with a white rear roof)
Pitbull Rock Beasts 1.9
GMade AR06 Aluminium beadlocks
Holmes Torquemaster Expert 35t
Hobbywing 1080
Power HD LW-25HD Servo

And we'll take it from there :D

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 3

Made a start, as I'm waiting on electrics there is only so much I can do, but it's been fun so far.

Green slime on the o-rings, yet one of the shocks still leaks a little, I was planning to change them out anyway.

Rear axle is buttery smooth, the front is a little notchy in places but should smooth out with some run time.

7E3Qbbw.jpg

t71pilL.jpg

2tILWZt.jpg

r4vTopj.jpg?1

Cracked on with the build at the weekend. Unfortunately one of the packs of beadlocks came with one 6-bolt and one 5-bolt hub, so waiting to hear back from RCMart about this.

Also the body has some darker patches where I didn't back it all with white and then black, but to be fair it came out ok, also it's not a shelf queen.

The rear wheel still catch the body a little so I might need to trim a little more, but I'll see how it goes first. The Power HD servo seems pretty good for the price, but only time will tell.

I think the plan for the future is to go with a hardbody at some point, I really like how they handle, more realistic but also take more care when driving.

bTsd3N9h.jpg

IXLRzFdh.jpg

uxkmSNKh.jpg

HQMpnOLh.jpg

rkoferHh.jpg

Cz6m3lXh.jpg

LHEp0ubh.jpg

Edited by ostewart
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

So my other half gave the Bronco its first trail run, and it performed really well without any need for fine tweaking. I am very impressed.

Servo is strong and responsive, motor is super smooth yet has excellent torque, always have loved pitbull rockbeasts they just stick to anything.

32494600297_7ec7c946c1_b.jpg

33560298708_767b102605_b.jpg

33560299618_7be5ea8392_b.jpg

47383562622_951f018bc9_b.jpg

32494612497_d5781331dc_b.jpg

32494617007_8fd3327c75_b.jpg

32494596607_513412baf8_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/04/2019 at 09:23, bertberr said:

Very nice Oscar, that body looks great. Is there much of a crawler scene in West Sussex?

if you check out LSTR there are a few of them in Sussex. I tend to go out with @Bix and his son, but I bought his old SCX10 II Deadbolt for my girlfriend and she comes along too. But she has taken ownership of my Bronco until I get a new body and whatnot sorted for the Deadbolt.

3 hours ago, bertberr said:

Errr...what's LSTR...??? :huh:

Any good areas around goring, durrington, highdown areas? Will bring my Hilux down on my next visit.

London scale trail runners ;)

Chanctonbury ring is a good place to go

• Thanks 1

Had a great little run on Saturday, my other half has taken ownership of the raw builders kit with Bronco body and I am left with the Deadbolt.

She want's an all black Bronco shell, so the red will eventually go on the deadbolt chassis. I also want to get metal links, better shocks, universal front shafts, wheels and tyres and better electrics one day...

56942504_10156218485286705_2796667697092

57206035_10156218485366705_8219675301181

Edited by ostewart

6 hours ago, Gaz! said:

Hi mate,

if it ever very comes to selling those wheels on the red bronco, I would be interested please mate :good:

Haha this rig should be staying for a while (I know I say that about all of my rigs...) but now me and my other half have one, and go out with @Bix fairly often, I can't see me getting rid. 

I'm actually getting another set of gmade beadlocks for the deadbolt, and eventually rockbeasts again as I love them.

• Like 1

Betty the Bronco and Doris the Deadbolt got another run today, both took some tumbles, Betty took the worst but is still in one piece. Still very capable trucks and I'm highly enjoying both. Doris definitely needs front universal shafts for better turning circle though and some heavier wheels.

32709223297_e75016a02c_b.jpg

33774369498_ff82a5e2f1_b.jpg

32709217027_de0829ec3c_b.jpg

32709215107_01b5c0c665_b.jpg

32709212587_48a32955f8_b.jpg

46736216015_037b8e09ef_b.jpg

47599022992_29932f3121_b.jpg

47651912561_9fe2f0b5eb_b.jpg

46927953464_7ef58fbd17_b.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Long time no update but I sold the deadbolt and am getting another builders kit for Chloe to build and have the shell in her preferred colours. It'll be the same spec as mine, same ESC and motor and eventually same servo. I'll updated soon with pics when it is built :)

Chloe started building the kit on Friday night and has really enjoyed it so far, axles, links, shocks and gearbox all done. Just waiting for the electrics to arrive and then we can crack on with the rest. The body is cut and masked ready for painting, when we get a dry day 😕

Edited by ostewart

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not much of an update but I still have both SCX10 II's, my red one now finally has pitbull rock beast tyres too so both rigs are identical essentially.  The black one will likely be used by my brother, need to remove the unicorn sticker though 😉

I'll try and get out with them soon, it's been too long since they last had a run.

7uaF4V2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Been ages since I posted - my SCX10 II's are still running strong - stripped down and regreased and replaced all the bearings on both models recently along with refilling the shocks.

I've got some shims now to shim the ring/pinion gears in the axles next.

My red bronco has been lowered via limiters in the shocks and now has Class 1 Mud Terrain tyres in Predator compound.

Will both need new body shells soon, will likely go F150 Raptor or similar - wider and more scale looking with the current wheels and tyres.

I am installing a winch on my red bronco too.

SKvDiEl.jpg

fasqf42.jpg

L5QfDeL.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So after all that effort if plumbing in the winch and setting it up - it's come off for the new bodyshell....

Now it's an F150 Raptor, 75mm absima shocks to lower it and it's amost a proper Class 1 crawler: 

p7hFqK9.jpg

am2HWI6.jpg

UOuYNMD.jpg

• Like 3