• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Project starting....

Walney-Reptiles

so today i dug out an old buggy i used to mess about with a long time ago....Well i say this but about 8 years ago agah (See pics below)

I think its a HSP.... not sure on the exact model but im thinks a Hsp anyways, i have alot todo

1q6t1ZG.jpg

N7KeBXf.jpg

7xbG4CY.jpg

osXuYvu.jpg

y7NrSW8.jpg

Most parts are needing replacment, as links and joints are warn out... (Too be continued)

• Like 1

YMMV though - I ran mine on a moderately powerful 2S set up - lasted all day everyday with the plastic spur.  3S I found led to undue outdrive wear - diffs we're fine.  I even had a friend run 4s 550 sized motor, I forget the KV but assume it was around 3000kv, and it didn't self destruct straight away.

It's the same chassis HPI bought in for the MAverick Strada - but unlike HPI HSP etc never bothered with the iterations - iirc mine had the mod .8 gears like the Strada EVO, nit the original 0.6 - I think that was only the spur not the diffs but I forget now.  Upgrades are cheap as chips on eBay - I found the only requisite ones we're alloy hubs on the front.  Alloy hub carrier was useful after.  The upgraded (thicker and cnc cut) alloy shock towers suited me as I bent the stockers regularly - there soo soft they bend back without issue though!

• Like 1