• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BSD-Racing Baja Prime (Motor Questions)

Walney-Reptiles

Hey there

so i bought a baja prime 2WD buggy on friday and it arrived tuesday, after i put the jumper onto the 3s position on the esc and i have been useing it on 3s lipo since, all is fine but im wanting more speed, i would like to change the motor instead of the gears.. it says on the internet that the  WP-1040 esc is rated at 40amp and a burst current of 180amp, i was thinking of sticking a 15T brushed motor one of them £8.99 ones but im not to sure if the ESC will handle such a motor any pointers Welcome im not that knowledgable on brushed motors, and cant afford brushless for the time being, plus it was only £100 so id rather stick to brushed motors for this.

Cheers guys!!!

On 10/11/2018 at 11:19, Fly In My Soup said:

Ditch the brushed an go with a cheap goolrc brushless combo... You can get them for less than £30 all in.... 

Or for better performance.. Get A better hobby wing 10bl120 and a 4300kv gool Rc motor

THIS!

I bought a GoolRC 3500kv motor & 60A ESC system on ebay, just yesterday. £27, including delivery. :good:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Avoid speed runs, my ESC burnt out on the 4300kv motor and a 14 t pinion after just three passes.

You'll be OK with the lower kV motor though....I presume

Should be. I have the same 3500KV setup in my Outlaw and the 3900KV setup in my Mad Rat. Both been absolutely fine!

Gutted for you, though. Maybe you were just unlucky.