• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kevin Talbot

tamiyafanboy

24 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Sadly Talbot has become an annoying fool now was great fun at the start but with fame he has sunk to being a tool with no regard to anyone or anything other than his oversized ego I no longer bother with the guy not worth my time 

Im not quite at that stage yet, and I do look forward to his new videos, BUT all the paid sponsorship rubbish is doing my head in. I dont mind adverts, thats how Youtube operates. I dont mind his “ebay course spiel” either.  But when he is actually talking about something non rc related in his video thats what gets me annoyed. He was advertising Manscaped and Healthy cereals in his last few vids….

• Like 1

At least in some of his videos you get to actually see something of the car, and get some idea of how well it's made or how flimsy it is.
And then he drives it around a bit, ramps it, etc.

all fine.

I don;t warm to his overly hyped presentation style, but thats a personal thing.

this particular video was just .... dumb.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Guns said:

Im not quite at that stage yet, and I do look forward to his new videos, BUT all the paid sponsorship rubbish is doing my head in. I dont mind adverts, thats how Youtube operates. I dont mind his “ebay course spiel” either.  But when he is actually talking about something non rc related in his video thats what gets me annoyed. He was advertising Manscaped and Healthy cereals in his last few vids….

Yeah I just saw a conversation on fb about his latest video of him pushing manscaped products....accompanied by a short vid excerpt from the video...in which Mr talbot proceeds to show said set of hilariously cheap and awful clippers to the camera...before disappearing into what I'm assuming was a bathroom...only to return seconds later proudly displaying a handful of his public hair he just shaved off....

Now that's ....how to stay classy

Edited by Fly In My Soup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

His videos are aimed at the younger generations? The way he talks is false just like his enthusiasm, it’s an act, but it’s clearly done for entertainment value. his following speaks volumes - it works for a lot of people, but we all know you can’t please everyone.

personally, as previously mentioned, I find the advertising (carried out by Talbot himself) of zero interest, so I always skip those bits of his videos. Who wouldn’t jump when offered thousands to sell a product though, I would without hesitation - YouTube is his main source of income - it’s business for him.

That said, I find some content  really helpful, and also amusing at times. I say keep the videos coming please!

• Like 1

I posted many months ago that he's like Marmite .  I watch his videos but don't particularly like the style, maybe because I'm older.  HOWEVER....I've just watched the boat video above and laughed from start to finish.  So much so, gonna watch it again now, top job!

• Like 1

He is like the old Top Gear with Clarkson etc for me. I may be in the minority. But when theyre doing a “funny” challenge like building a Hovercraft, I switch off, hate it. A genuinely boring review telling me how the differential is working. Excellent. Sign me up for that!

Im old and boring I guess haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Call him what you like, but there's far worse examples of humanity on the planet. 

I think he's OK. He's taught himself how to make a decent living, good luck to him. What harm's he really doing?

Oh yeah he's definitely successful in what he does ....and fair play to him for that....I wish him no ill whatsoever.

On 10/06/2021 at 18:08, m-racing said:

I love Kevin Talbot Videos

Anyway

This  is the best ever made on youtube i believe.

Me and my friends have watch this three times and we laugh  like retards.  Stomickh hurts alot 🙂

LOL

i have seen ALOT fun videos,  Jackass and other dudes.

I dont know .  this is better than Jackass.

One of my friend indeeds

INSANE  RC VIDEO

lol

Is that a traaxxs splash 

I like his vids  mostly when hes fixing stuff then I just wish (as said before on here ) where he goes to bash his cars as I know hes miles away from me  but some them places look fun . But I dont like the parts where he just smashes RC up . Mind you I'm the same when I watch movies and I see leads smashing up high end motorbikes  even nobs showing off and crashing there bikes  I'm like what did that bike do to deserve that . Same with RC . Why ok you broke  the shock   do you need to total trash it now .. 

On 11/06/2021 at 09:03, Darren Frosty said:

I absolutely laughed my arse off at the boat video.

HEHE

yes sick video, and very fun.

Sometimes this is great see.

Just fun and crazy.

Me and my friends have laughed our ases off too to this video LOL.

This Makes Kevin Special.

Sometimes Serious

Sometimes Freaky fun  🙂

iN these corona times, we need more fun sometimes.

Kevin is cool.

By the way

RC Boats are really fun.

Almost more fun than RC Cars.

Go buy one RC Boat.

Nice be at Sea,  bash rc boat,  then maybe BBQ  meat,  and after that drive one more lipo pack or packs 🙂

Sad this is only possible summertime.  Anyways this makes it very special because of the limited time.

A great summer must have some RC Boat fun also.

Not only cars 🙂

hehe

To all Kevin Haters:

Dont be mad . Kevin Loves RC alot.

I love RC. and i love ALL OTHER who LOVE RC 🙂

there is nothing to be mad about.

We all have fun  , thats the only important right ?

We are in same family ? Having fun whit these RC cars, and boats ?

No matter how we do it, we are all the same right ?

Love,.  Peace, Fun, And Respect from me to ALL RC people

Edited by m-racing
  • Like 1

Fair play to him, I say. He's clearly done well out of it. You can never please everyone.

I watch his stuff and admit at times he can be a tad annoying - some of the soundbites do my head him - but I do enjoy it when he's having a genuine laugh with his mates. I thought the boat vid was one of his best in a while tbh.

9 hours ago, m-racing said:

HEHE

yes sick video, and very fun.

Sometimes this is great see.

Just fun and crazy.

Me and my friends have laughed our ases off too to this video LOL.

This Makes Kevin Special.

Sometimes Serious

Sometimes Freaky fun  🙂

iN these corona times, we need more fun sometimes.

Kevin is cool.

By the way

RC Boats are really fun.

Almost more fun than RC Cars.

Go buy one RC Boat.

Nice be at Sea,  bash rc boat,  then maybe BBQ  meat,  and after that drive one more lipo pack or packs 🙂

Sad this is only possible summertime.  Anyways this makes it very special because of the limited time.

A great summer must have some RC Boat fun also.

Not only cars 🙂

hehe

To all Kevin Haters:

Dont be mad . Kevin Loves RC alot.

I love RC. and i love ALL OTHER who LOVE RC 🙂

there is nothing to be mad about.

We all have fun  , thats the only important right ?

We are in same family ? Having fun whit these RC cars, and boats ?

No matter how we do it, we are all the same right ?

Love,.  Peace, Fun, And Respect from me to ALL RC people

OK   this is why we mustn't  do drugs ....     lol ha ha 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...