• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

i have TRX-4 Defender Questions

Hey Crawler Guys,

Soo if i get a Defender.....  i have seen on youtube people using them in deep water etc... What would be a recommended battery to use in that situation? can you get Waterproof Batterys?

as il be riding my push bike 25mile+ to my best known spots in the lake district, usage time would be better as id be riding a fair way to use the defender when i get one. and i would hate to ride that distance just for 10 mins of usage time.

Also is there anythink that would need changing on the TRX-4 Defender from new? servos etc....

(if i can have one big check list to tick off that would be great.)

all help appreciated thanks Josh.

Hi chap,

good choice, they are fantastic trucks!

1, steering servo will need replacing ASAP.

2, set end points on all the smaller servos, help prolong their life a little.

3, the defender body is quite top/rear heavy so some weight up front should sort this (either alloy portal housings or knuckle weights)

as for batteries well, any lipo would be fine being submerged, done it many times and in many different vehicles, now if it’s salt water then that will kill a lipo.

if your still not convinced, a pack of condoms to pop your lipo inside will keep it water proof.

i would be looking at a lipo that has a minimum of 5000mah (more the better) 2s and 30c if you have 2 of those that should keep you going for a good while :good:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

Hi chap,

good choice, they are fantastic trucks!

1, steering servo will need replacing ASAP.

2, set end points on all the smaller servos, help prolong their life a little.

3, the defender body is quite top/rear heavy so some weight up front should sort this (either alloy portal housings or knuckle weights)

as for batteries well, any lipo would be fine being submerged, done it many times and in many different vehicles, now if it’s salt water then that will kill a lipo.

if your still not convinced, a pack of condoms to pop your lipo inside will keep it water proof.

i would be looking at a lipo that has a minimum of 5000mah (more the better) 2s and 30c if you have 2 of those that should keep you going for a good while :good:

Cheers buddy

i never thought of using a condom for the batterys haha, smart idea
im thinking of doing a complete Brass upgrade and beadlocks too so that shouldnt be a problem, il keep it away from salt water,

will get two 6000mah 2cell  and 30c batterys from hobbyking when i get the defender

Which servo would be best for the steering?

Okay  so im Designing a Trailer for the Defender.... Too print on my 3d printer

Can some tell me what the hight from the ground too the tow hitch is for me in millimeters

(i know this can change with different wheels and shocks) but a rough measurement would be great thanks

• 1 month later...

Right so i now have the money to buy the TRX-4 Defender, (yea yea i know its taken 2-3 month)

i have noticed that ModelSport are currentley out of stock and are on order with the supplier, dose anyone know a place i can buy the trx-4 within the uk that is trustable. as  id like to buy a.s.a.p.

As for your drop hitch question, stock is roughly 90mm when using one of the eBay hitches that’s cranked.

its a bit of a tough one, it needs to be low enough to look realistic but high enough not to hamper ground clearance on the back end.

or get some 1/4” alloy square bar off eBay and make your own :good:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever doesn’t use a conventional beadlock ring on the inner side should work fine.

have a scour about the net and link some to me and I’ll let you know if they will fit or not :good:

ssd I’d do some very nice wheels for reasonable money (might be pushed at 50 though) and they ALL fit the Trx4.

1 hour ago, Gaz! said:

Whatever doesn’t use a conventional beadlock ring on the inner side should work fine.

have a scour about the net and link some to me and I’ll let you know if they will fit or not :good:

ssd "I’d do some very nice wheels for reasonable money (might be pushed at 50 though) and they ALL fit the Trx4."

Do you mean you could sell me some or did you mean ssd do some?

• 3 months later...

well heres an update on my defender
she went from this
32oMJbB.jpg

Too this over night (the pick-up bed and rear cab i 3d printed along with the hood vents and door handles and window frames)
i0aNRNf.jpg
BnMZVRJ.jpg

heres the proline Jeep rubicon body shell that i painted! not the best but it will doo.
UP4HP1E.jpg

• Like 1