• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas TRX-4 SPORT

capri-boy

The TRX-4 Sport combines the unbeatable ground clearance and driving dynamics of Traxxas portal axles, sticky Canyon® Trail tires, and a lightweight pickup truck body for a leaner, performance-focused new TRX-4. The Sport’s unique bumpers, wheels, and body were designed for increased climbing versatility. Whether it’s a fun trail run or a hardcore technical crawl, the TRX-4 Sport’s capability and performance-built approach takes your outdoor adventure to a new levelRed TRX-4 Sport

ACCESSORIES COMING SOON

A wide range of performance and adventure accessories is on the way for your TRX-4 Sport engineered to transform your model into a highly detailed Scale & Trail crawler.

sport-accy-rear-view-dual.png
TRX-4 Sport Expedition Rack
TRX-4 with Bolt-on Headlights
TRX-4 with Traction Boards
  • Clear and Painted Bodies
  • Expedition Rack
  • Auxilliary Exterior LED Lighting for the Roof, Bumper, and Expedition Rack
  • Traction Boards
  • Slide View Mirrors
  • Molded Inner Fenders
  • Snorkel
  • Spare Tire Mount
  • Bolt-on Headlights and Tail Lights
  • Shovel, Axe, Jack & More!

82024-4-TRX-4-Sport-Action-DX1I9111.jpg

More details:

Source

According to Traxxas it's due Mid - June in the states - no word of UK release yet

View full news article

33 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Hopefully slightly less money with no detailed licensed body

Now that's the best one liner I've seen in a while dude 

psTHAPr.gif

It does look rather cool,  but I'm afraid I'll still wince at the price

Edited by Fly In My Soup
  • Like 1

They also don’t come with a 2 speed transmission or switchable diff locks, so you would hope them to be a fair chunk cheaper................. probably not though. 

4 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Hopefully slightly less money with no detailed licensed body

1 hour ago, Wabom1981 said:

They also don’t come with a 2 speed transmission or switchable diff locks, so you would hope them to be a fair chunk cheaper................. probably not though. 

However it has a SPORT badge which will obviously double the price :)

3 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Good luck lol.

Have you seen the price of the Jeep and Bronco rip offs from Vanquish? :P 

The new Vanquish kit? If we can get that for $800 in the UK, it would be a pretty good deal if you're planning on replacing everything but the battery tray anyway. 

59 minutes ago, mond said:

The new Vanquish kit? If we can get that for $800 in the UK, it would be a pretty good deal if you're planning on replacing everything but the battery tray anyway. 

They are about $1,500 I believe.

The bodies are really bad looking Jeep and Bronco knock offs.

They have very peculiar names lol, have a look on the VP website :P it's $500 just for the deposit!

Lmao, here we go again......

i think its fantastic that we now have 4 different shells to pick from (nothing jeep, thank the Lord) and people still moan......

Axial, please take note, this was your share of the market right up to the point you dropped the ball with the scx10.2 and spares, your future could have been much rosier.

now if this is priced sensibly, it could do very well. If it’s around 350 it will be a bit of a winner I reckon. ??

I'm still on the fence re these things, and have no love for traxxas but they obv had a plan with the TRX-4, a good one, and are executing it to perfection.  As Gaz says if this is priced a chunk less than the defender / bronco it should do very well, and whilst it will eat into some sales of the 'better' model the Traxxas branded upgrades to get the Sport to Full Fat will rake in some $.  

I like it....a lot. I especially like that it's not another land rover shell, i've always had a thing for pickups since back to the future ?

£199.99 please traxxas ?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stretch said:

I like it....a lot. I especially like that it's not another land rover shell, i've always had a thing for pickups since back to the future ?

£199.99 please traxxas ?

£199.99..................... yes please!!

i try so hard to enjoy this hobby on a small budget. Unfortunately the cost of some of these models and their respective upgrades is insane. 

Does look very nice though and big thumbs up from me for not falling into the Land Rover and Jeep trap. 

33 minutes ago, stretch said:

£199.99 please traxxas ?

I'm seeing $360.... so expect £350-400.

19 minutes ago, stretch said:

I'm oooooot

Funny thing is a stripped back version (like this), priced extremely aggressively would help to dent the new guys to the party's aspirations.  IF they priced it ~£50 over the Coyote, it'd be an extremely attractive proposition.  Not going to happen though as even though i'm sure there's lots of profit in it ,I think at that price point it would steal away a lot of sales from the Defender / Bronco / Kit.

MS have it listed, no price:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-trx-4-sport-blue/rc-car-products/432690

Fully agree mate, they have an opportunity to make a good dent in the mid range market and if it was £250-£270 I would have it no question. With its no frills base it would still leave room and demand for the full fat TRX4.

I'm still on the fence until the coyote kit comes out.

7 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

They are about $1,500 I believe.

The bodies are really bad looking Jeep and Bronco knock offs.

They have very peculiar names lol, have a look on the VP website :P it's $500 just for the deposit!

That's the old one, they just launched a new kit. It's about half the price. Available in July.

4 minutes ago, mond said:

That's the old one, they just launched a new kit. It's about half the price. Available in July.

Same crap, different colour :P lol.

Still annoys me if a bit of an unknown or cheaper/new brand does it, they get slated as the devil, but if a big brand does it, it's fine :unsure:

1 hour ago, stretch said:

I guess that supports a £350-400 price here based on experience - i'd love to be wrong though.

9 minutes ago, Tug said:

Can someone explain why there's a "TM" on the words "Scale and Trail"? Traxxas simply cannot trademark everything! 

looks like they can http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:njmq7l.2.1

it's ridiculous, SKY is the one that really makes my blood boil. 

• Thanks 1