• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What Is Your Occupation *2018 Edition*

RegisteredUser

I’m a material handler for Keter/Curver UK aka, getter of stuff/forklift driver, and I supply 21 plastic injection moulding machines and their operators with whatever they need, from raw materials (various different resins and polymers and types of polypropylene) to labels, lids, springs, boxes and anything else they require to complete whatever their making - from many different types of bin, to laundry hampers, to Keter drawer carts to shelving sets.

The work pattern is the best part though, work 14 days a month, or 6 months out of the year, total, before overtime, only get 21 days holiday, but plan those days just right and that equals two months off, so i only end up working four months of the year :) 

• Like 1

Was a print finisher on an semi-automated line for 10yrs

866629.jpg

Had to give it up through injury. :(  I miss my collegues.

Thinking of getting a student loan and hitting Uni..... at 42 :wacko::unsure:

Edited by dazp1976

I started work as a Marine Engineer in the Merchant Navy in 2000, sailing on Tankers and Container ships around the world. Moved to ferries (between UK and Ireland) doing the same job for a little over 8 years and over the last 3 years I've been working offshore on the rigs up off Norway. Though since September I now work for a company called Petrofac. A more acceptable commute as I'm based in the Irish Sea, much closer to home! 

• Like 1

I have 2 jobs. I've been a model of varying types since I was 15, but only do that part time now, and I think I'll be retiring from that soon. I also manage a few properties that I've been lucky enough to acquire over the years. Two kids take up the rest of my time! :lol:

• Thanks 1

I work in IT security by day and bar manager by night, pushing 70-80 contracted hours a week. While trying to develop a phone app in my spare time for the last year and lurking on here wondering why I'm not sleeping. :lol:

I live walking distance to both my jobs and had a great moment the other night of remembering I have a car, "oh yeah I own a car" :lol: Never the time to use it.

• Thanks 1

In my former life a Chartered Surveyor.

Now, supposedly retired, I have a full time job resisting thumb pressure trying to keep me under, avoiding being pecked by a hen and defending my brow from being beaten.

In between times I act as taxi driver (even though wife has her own car) and mobile cash machine.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

From what I've seen stonemasons charge.....you'll need an entire pen of whole pigs to cover the costs :D

Devon masons are different, the bacon surcharge can be offset with clotted cream and jam ( cherry for me).

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...