• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Proline Pro MT 4x4 Thread

.AJ.

15 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

Honestly I'm buying something specifically so I can jump it and give it a beating. Living between the Dales and the Moors in yorkshire, I'm pretty sure I'll find some good spots.

It's literally just come through the door...

In my opinion then I’d say return it if you can, did you buy it from the UK?

Seeing as your be hitting the moors etc you might want to long into something bigger perhaps the 1/8th notorious/kraton or even one of these would be a lot of fun in that sort of terrain 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-mt-plus-ii-monster-truck-rtr-1-7-scale-blue/rc-car-products/442020

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Seeing as your be hitting the moors etc you might want to long into something bigger perhaps the 1/8th notorious/kraton or even one of these would be a lot of fun in that sort of terrain 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobao-hyper-mt-plus-ii-monster-truck-rtr-1-7-scale-blue/rc-car-products/442020

That thing does look super tempting, but once I have the batteries and charger, i'll likely be pushing close to £700 which is probably just that bit more than I really had wanted to go... maybe its worth it in the long run...

Anyhoo... I dont want to clogg up the MT 4x4 thread with my indecision so perhaps I'll discuss over in the thread I already started.

• 5 weeks later...

Just received my MT4x4. I wanted to put a Castle 2200kv and Monster X in there but it was out of stock so I instead ordered a Tekin 1900 and RX4 which is currently on its way over from HK. 

In the meantime i want to oil the diffs. Any suggestions as to which oil weights would be best suited for 4s ? Cheers...

• 1 month later...

I backed out. I ordered one but then looked at CML and there was almost no parts available so sent it back before I built it. Lot of stories in here of people selling them as they spend more time on a shelf than driving.

Went for a Kraton instead and have only had to wait a couple of days for most things I've needed. Spent a fortune on upgrades parts and options. Had it apart enough times to know how to build it blindfolded so not really missed a build experience.

I'm not saying don't get one, it's an awesome truck by all accounts, but it doesn't seem like a great "daily" basher, especially if it's your only MT.

• 2 months later...

Just got myself a pro mt 4x4.  Nice car to mess about with when the 5ive or dbxl is getting repaired.  What diff oil do people recommend.  Runing a max8 and up to 4s. And what about shock oils.  I was thinking about somthing like 50/60. 

• 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

Very nice.  I miss my 4x4. It was a fantastic car   enjoy dude 

16 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Very nice pick up that :good:

Their loss your gain so enjoy :cheers:

Thanks fellas 👍 I’m going to give it a strip down, check over and grease everything up today .

• Like 2