• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer

.AJ.

5 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Only reason I added it to the deal was it’s £30 cheaper  than it is here plus free shipping 

It makes for a brilliant back up for both this and my X Maxx 

Shame it's not a kit. Something lower KV would perhaps suit it better as well. Did you see how you access the motor etc? The entire bottom comes off. I really want to see one disassembled before I'd consider it. It could be a nice design but all that weight bolting into plastic and it being inverted would be a concern.

43 minutes ago, mond said:

Shame it's not a kit. Something lower KV would perhaps suit it better as well. Did you see how you access the motor etc? The entire bottom comes off. I really want to see one disassembled before I'd consider it. It could be a nice design but all that weight bolting into plastic and it being inverted would be a concern.

It could be fantastic it could be a pig you’ll never know if it’s going to work for you or not until you try it. Will the motor be an issue will the battery tray be a pita will the wheels fall off and the electrics catch fire I’ve no idea yet but I’ll soon find out ;) 

2 hours ago, Guns said:

Hmmm. Was hoping it would be bigger. 

Think the Revo 2.0 is still the one for me, shame about the lack of info

Yep I thought that at first but it’s a nice inbetween size not to big it’s a pita to carry around or find somewhere to run and not too small you can’t see it from a distance. Decided to bite the bullet and go for both or should that be broke :P

Oooo. Something from traxxas I want again...( Xmaxx b4)

might consider selling my xv2 to fund this thing. Definitely looks the part. A bit smaller than I thought it would be and the 6s ( instead of 8s) is a shame... 2200kv too.. hmmmm. Would think a lower kv setup would have been more sensible. We’ll c. 

MD... going for it eh! Nice 1. I’m tempted myself. 

Shame its not out quite yet as im off to NYC Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, supersavage said:

Got a couple of things to sort out but I've decided I'm definitely going to be ordering one of these when I get the chance. 

How much are these going to be in the UK ?.

1 hour ago, QRC said:

How much are these going to be in the UK ?.

Got this email back from the guys at Modelsport 

No UK pricing has been release as of yet but hopefully it well not be to much longer. However, working on the pricing of other Traxxas models (US Dollar to UK Sterling), I would guess the RRP would be around £900 with a possible selling price of £800+. 

Not cheap, but what a truck!

5 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Got this email back from the guys at Modelsport 

No UK pricing has been release as of yet but hopefully it well not be to much longer. However, working on the pricing of other Traxxas models (US Dollar to UK Sterling), I would guess the RRP would be around £900 with a possible selling price of £800+. 

Not cheap, but what a truck!

Thank you.

so now we know its to small and by the above vid it looks slow as well ..   unboxing here ...

Edited by jea

I got to say the more I’ve seen the less I’m keen. ESP at £800+!!

still looks really cool tho. I’d like to see 1 st hand. 

20 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Just had my order at RCMart cancelled and payment refunded due to shipping infringements, what the hell is that about ??? 

I did think this when I looked, but Try and order an Xmaxx and read what it says, im guessing itll be the same for the UDR, EMS Shipping only. Id imagine itll be $250 to post.....

Edited by Guns

It could be a ban by traxxas, only allowing the dealer to ship in specific areas, the same as horizon do with losi products. In some ways it makes sense if we all bought from America all the uk dealers would go bust. I bought my DJI Mavic Pro from China and DJI will not honour the product and let me purchase DJI care