• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer

.AJ.

Not much information at the moment but we do know Traxxas will be releasing 2 new models. One being the E-Revo 2.0 and also a Solid Rear Axle 1/7th Scale Baja/Desert Style Truck!

Below is a teaser image of the 1/7 scale:

Traxxas-7-Scale-Desert-Truck-Teaser-770x433.jpg

More information to follow :P Source: BigsquidRC

This thread is only for the Desert Racer, there will be a separate thread for the Revo V2

View full news article

Don’t care that it’s not as big as the Super Baja Rey, or that it’s only 6s or any of the other reasons people slate this for. 

What i love about this thing is it’s a go fast rig that’s as detailed as, dare i say, some of the much slower Tamiya and Axial kits. 

The technology now exists to make ultra scale go fast trucks strong enough without sacrificing functionality. Remember when the original Yeti came out and people were say that the rear axle would snap off on the first crash? Ok so that does happen now and again, but only after the driver does something stupid with it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pistonhead said:

Don’t care that it’s not as big as the Super Baja Rey, or that it’s only 6s or any of the other reasons people slate this for. 

What i love about this thing is it’s a go fast rig that’s as detailed as, dare i say, some of the much slower Tamiya and Axial kits. 

The technology now exists to make ultra scale go fast trucks strong enough without sacrificing functionality. Remember when the original Yeti came out and people were say that the rear axle would snap off on the first crash? Ok so that does happen now and again, but only after the driver does something stupid with it.

The electrics will go long before the axle does... :P 

On a serious note, this does look like a damn nice truck, far nicer in the looks department than the Super Baja Rey.

Still won't be having one, unless they are now using HobbyWing electrics and the price isn't ridiculous.

Got this email back from the guys at Modelsport 

No UK pricing has been release as of yet but hopefully it well not be to much longer. However, working on the pricing of other Traxxas models (US Dollar to UK Sterling), I would guess the RRP would be around £900 with a possible selling price of £800+. 

Not cheap, but what a truck!

Don't you think it's weird that Traxxarse have taken this long to release a "large" solid axle SCT/desert truck?

Since they are the one RC company who are heavily involved in 1:1 SCT race championships: The TORC series (up to 2013) and the Stadium Supertrucks. Fantastic racing! I'd have been exploiting that, making RC versions of what these boys do battle with.

There were some... ahem... "replica" Slash versions, but the Slash is about as close to a real racing stadium truck as it is to a sailing boat... and handles about the same!

The scale detailing on this thing is nothing short of superb. Probably expect to see some Stadium Supertruck team replicas, in the future.

Just found these on RCMart on pre order with shipping to the U.K. for £603 plus any fees if your unlucky :( 

http://www.rcmart.com/traxxas-850764-unlimited-desert-racer-electric-race-truck-with-trax-p-76760.html

If I get one and the Modelsport price above is correct I know where I’ll be going lol 

5 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Just found these on RCMart on pre order with shipping to the U.K. for £603 plus any fees if your unlucky :( 

http://www.rcmart.com/traxxas-850764-unlimited-desert-racer-electric-race-truck-with-trax-p-76760.html

If I get one and the Modelsport price above is correct I know where I’ll be going lol 

Wow! Dollar isnt anywhere near as bad as I thought! 

$857 posted is £603

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Guns said:

Wow! Dollar isnt anywhere near as bad as I thought! 

$857 posted is £603

It's got allot better in the last few weeks/months. Not mid 2000s good but better. Annoyingly 2 or my 3 last orders from RC mart were intercepted even though it was marked as a gift. 

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Any revo 2.0 prices?

Nope not yet I haven’t even seen a release date or listing for it yet although there was Willis Hobbies state side that had them listed for $569 I think but I can’t find the post now. Was rumoured to be released at the same time March but who knows if that’s true or not ? 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Nope not yet I haven’t even seen a release date or listing for it yet although there was Willis Hobbies state side that had them listed for $569 I think but I can’t find the post now. Was rumoured to be released at the same time March but who knows if that’s true or not ? 

Ive got that post, price sounds far too good to be true

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mond said:

It's got allot better in the last few weeks/months. Not mid 2000s good but better. Annoyingly 2 or my 3 last orders from RC mart were intercepted even though it was marked as a gift. 

Did you click the option to mark as a gift?

If you did... Don't... RCmart don't mark things as gifts unless asked, they mark every item at $10.

That would explain why you got hit, you're the only one I know who has been from there.

At £603.... I am honestly tempted, what the hell.... Might I be the biggest hypocrite of 2018 :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

If you did... Don't... RCmart don't mark things as gifts unless asked, they mark every item at $10.

That would explain why you got hit, you're the only one I know who has been from there.

At £603.... I am honestly tempted, what the hell.... Might I be the biggest hypocrite of 2018 :lol:

They were marked a $10 anyway. I have no idea, could just be the guy at the sorting office is a *******. It's possible, my Dad worked in a sorting office and he's a bit of a nob.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mond said:

They were marked a $10 anyway. I have no idea, could just be the guy at the sorting office is a *******. It's possible, my Dad worked in a sorting office and he's a bit of a nob.

Nothing like a good ol' bit of honesty :P

I thought if the price was under the value, they needed a very good reason for opening packages though.

I also don't believe them checking Google counts as a value of what you paid, because they could check somewhere extortionate and charge you a ridiculous amount in fees.

It's a very weird one anyway.

2 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I always click as gift are you saying it’s better not to have marked as a gift ?. 

17 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I always click as gift are you saying it’s better not to have marked as a gift ?. 

In my opinion, yes, it looks more suspicious getting a gift from a business.

Most drugs are sent marked as a gift, so it makes them more suspicious.

I've never clicked on the gift option and never once been caught from there.

Have you ever been caught with one marked as a gift?

44 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

In my opinion, yes, it looks more suspicious getting a gift from a business.

Most drugs are sent marked as a gift, so it makes them more suspicious.

I've never clicked on the gift option and never once been caught from there.

Have you ever been caught with one marked as a gift?

Nope never now watch my next order get caught lol 

Never looked at it that way to be honest I’ll try it infuture though to see :good:

18 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Nope never now watch my next order get caught lol 

Never looked at it that way to be honest I’ll try it infuture though to see :good:

I tried it with a few AsiaTees orders, they used to have some gift option thingy and I got hit, but when it was just marked low, I didn't.

I even had a $700 come from Stellar Models, massive 8x8x4 truck kit, with a load of extras, that was just marked at $10, not as a gift and it slipped through.

I might be wrong, but their is some evidence to support the theory :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Damn 

That’s a really good price. A lot better than I thought it would be!

Tempted to get one at that price. 

12 minutes ago, mond said:

Really not willing to trust that ESC then?

Only reason I added it to the deal was it’s £30 cheaper  than it is here plus free shipping 

It makes for a brilliant back up for both this and my X Maxx