• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper VS(e) Owners Thread

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

Im pretty sure thats what we paid for our 100A rtr versions :insane:

yup dad, we paid exactly 325 quid for the hyper vse rtr ones, current pricing is a joke now their like 400 quid which is  what i paid for my kronos lol

glad we stumped up when we did vse is a cracking car 🙂

• Like 1

I was all set to buy a Hobao buggy until the prices went up  and a new model was announced 

Didn't want to be 'Betamax man' right or wrong I ended up not buying one.

Out of all the 1/8 buggies around, the Hobao still looks the most attractive to me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I’d post this here for anyone interested, it’s not a VS but it’s closely related.

First run with my new Hyper SS  on 4s 

Stock out of the box except for wheels/tyres and diff oils 

It felt a little under geared in the video and has since had a bigger pinion fitted but not had a chance to run it again.

• Like 3

Nice 1 mate and well its a Hyper so tough as old boots you seemed surprised you hadnt broke it 

After converting our H7's we upped our 100A VSe's pinions to 17 tooth and they run cooler than yours . If i remeber right 75 to 80c . What pinions on the ss ?

Was that 4s or 6s ?

Good to see you enjoying it mate :good:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Nice 1 mate and well its a Hyper so tough as old boots you seemed surprised you hadnt broke it 

After converting our H7's we upped our 100A VSe's pinions to 17 tooth and they run cooler than yours . If i remeber right 75 to 80c . What pinions on the ss ?

Was that 4s or 6s ?

Good to see you enjoying it mate :good:

Hard to beat a Hyper buggy for a bit of bashing .

Yeah I’ve gone up to an 18t now .

I wasn’t  surprised it didn’t break Hypers are tanks 💪but surprised that the chassis had no scratches 😁

That was running 4s and those temps where in Fahrenheit so plenty of room to gear way higher I reckon.

• Like 1

Ahh ok mate i thought it was C so yeh agreed you got wiggle room on the gearing there :good:

To be fair it looked faster than our vse's with standard gearing but on a par with our upped gearing but hard to tell in a vid

Give it time youl soon mange to scratch it :rofl:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/01/2022 at 21:12, Strugglecuddle7 said:

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a hobao buggy, can anyone tell me what the difference is between a hyper ss roller and a vse roller? The ss seems a bit cheaper

The SS I had (Truggy) was very weak I found. If you can go for the VSE 

• 2 weeks later...

Nooooo, after a year and a half and countless lipos through it, I've actually done some damage!

Bent the front shock tower.

I've got a vice and a heatgun and blowtorch so might see if I can bend it back.

Still not bad going all things considered.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, James.S said:

Got a 25kg servo to replace the standard one in my VSe. Should have loads more power.

Nice I've got that very same Servo in my FTX outlaw its ok.

To be honest I have not felt the need to upgrade the server in my VSe but let us know if you think it makes a difference/worthwhile upgrade.

@BUDFORCE

Yeah I've got one in my ZD truggy, they're excellent for the price.

The servo in my Hyper was feeling quite weak the last time I used it. I tried adjusting it all but couldn't improve it so just going to replace it

Edited by James.S

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

my friend has built himself a really cool "streched typhon" basically a typhon with a kraton chassis, making it longer, for onroad bashing and speedruns. I took it for a spin the other day and was really surprised that it drove as well as it did. Super stable, even when drifting or shredding tires, while my short-wheel-base-hyper just spins when trying to drift. Ofcourse, its not just a longer typhon and it has many other tweaks for onroad usage that I wont get into now because my point is:
I have a Hobao Hyper VSe 6s and I've been using it as a basher/racer for about a year now and I love it, but im pretty tired of offroad bashing in general so I was thinking of putting the super long chassis from the gtb on my hyper, and using it as an onroad speedcar/streetbasher. I wonder if this will fit and if anyone's ever done something like this before(truggy chassis maybe? cant find anything on youtube)? and what do I need? Chassis, brace, longer center driveshaft and bodymounts is that it? If push comes to shove I'll buy a gtb roller, but converting my hyper is about 100€ cheaper (inlcuding fixes because its a bit broken right now) and also I want to keep the buggy body look no matter what. The part numbers for the diffcases are diffrent between the hyper and gtb and im worried i wont be able to fit the diffrent brace, or screw the hyper diffcase to the gtb chassis for that matter. 

Hopefully, im not the only one with this idea.

Edited by Luggas_h1