• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New to RC. Help Please. Carisma Gt14 mk3

Jay_85

Hi folks. Im new to RC. Me and a bunch of guys at work have started racing in a local abandoned car park. Were having great fun. Ther are running 1/10 touring and i started with a gt24 and just got a gt14 mk3. Its great. Very fast but i would like to have some more tyre options. 

I know i can fit m14 slicks to the std wheels but theyr very narrow. 

The gt14 uses a triangular drive rathr than hex. Wheels are 49mm x 22 i think so wider would be great.

So

Is there any way to convert to 12mm hex and run normal wheels or is there something else that ises the triangle drive? Any help would be great. Thanks

Post a (decent) pic of the hubs, axles and any axle/hex pins that are used and dimensions of above pins, the axles (shank & threaded part) and ID / OD of the axle bearings. May be able to just fit a general 12mm hex or may need to change axles, not sure as I haven't come across that setup before.

Best thing to do is get some hexes 3D printed if wider wheel grave. On my sportwerks recoil pro & gt14mk2 I use foams mostly but rubber if damp etc..

Yhanks for the replys folks. Yeh i found the outdoor foam tires and ive ordered some. Do you buy the foams or make your own? 

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi! Sorry to bump such an old post but im in desperate search of foam tyres for that particular car... It's such a nice driving car, i have tons of fun with it and i'm really sad i cant find tyres any more...Has someone come up with a 3d print design for these? i e-mailed carisma-shop.com and they said they will be back in stock at some point but it has been almost 4 months and nothing yet 😕

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

2 years on ive got this sussed. Either carisma GTB or lc racing EMB hub shafts + some matching sized bearings + '82829BL 1/16 Scale RC Nitro Car Wheels and Tyres Complete x 4 HSP Black Plastic' and using the matching 9mm hexs gets you a setup you can buy wheels and tyres for. The wheels will even take the stock carisma tyres. 

You can also fit GTB 12mm wheel hexs and use a std wheel. The smallest m-chassis tyres are only marginally too big. M chassis foams can be turned down to the correct od. Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Jay_85