• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Last nights tv / movie

capri-boy

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, tamiyafanboy said:

Me and the Missus watch the second dead pool the other evening think its on a par with the first one! 

Love the action and unnecessary violence! 

Loved the first one, more of the same seems to be the only negative for the second for some people - not I.  I'm holding off on it though as this year will hopefully see me move from 1080p to 4k - and it's a movie I def want to own.

5 hours ago, tamiyafanboy said:

Me and the Missus watch the second dead pool the other evening think its on a par with the first one! 

Love the action and unnecessary violence! 

Watched it last week, well enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

The haunting of hill house 

I think first ep. Hoping to watch afew tonight. Ide rather a movie but a long winded tv series is probably more realistic lol. American horror story but im sick of that show im convinced they get stuff from the darkest books. Like the intro for a start. 

1 minute ago, RCbutcher said:

I think first ep. Hoping to watch afew tonight. Ide rather a movie but a long winded tv series is probably more realistic lol. American horror story but im sick of that show im convinced they get stuff from the darkest books. Like the intro for a start. 

Hill house is on in my list to watch, currently grinding through AHS Cult - I like it, the OH not so much.  Tonight hopefully will be heriditary - seems like the hype could be justified with this one, so much so i've bought the blu-ray - Netflix HD leaves a lot to be desired.

Well, If you want a gorefest horror,Watch 'The night comes for us',My God,, Some great fighting,But we are talking blood splatter horror,You've not seen someone hack away at someone's neck with a machete until you've seen this.

And its brilliantly done as well,Fingers fall off,intestines hang out,Arms hang off,people blown to bits, Some of the best make up and effects of it's kind I have seen.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been watching American horror story as well, in 4K quality. When I've been looking for stereo receiver under 500 dollars for that HD movies, I found this source which is pretty useful website, where author gave a lot of analysis and comparison table for different models of stereo receivers. In my opinion, that Onkyo TX-8260 is the optimal choice from that list.

Edited by lawrence5WR

I'm watching Better Call Saul, just about to start the last series and been doing very well to avoid spoilers! Really enjoying it so far, I think it takes a bit of getting into then it's on par with Breaking Bad. :good:

52 minutes ago, stretch said:

I'm on episode 3 of ozark pretty good so far.

Yeah the first 2 seasons are great, I thought the 3rd season felt a little rushed in their story though, like they tried to fit too much in and there wasn't much depth. Still a worthy watch though, the locations are beautiful (and not actually filmed in the Ozarks! :lol:)

2 hours ago, Nick said:

(and not actually filmed in the Ozarks! :lol:)

Blimey din't realise that, but to be fair i'd never heard of the Ozarks before😆

Also checkout tiger king even if it's so you can understand all the meme's.

Yeah it was filmed in some other state as the fees were cheaper. The Ozarks look amazing though, it has some ridiculously long coast line, over 1100 miles and it's 92 miles long!

I have seen Tiger King. :lol: Not seen the follow up episode though.

I've heard Money Heist is good so might try that next.

Forget all that, Gareth Evans, Him of The Raid 1+2 fame is back with Gangs of London on Sky Atlantic, My god, What a show, First episode is hour and half and better than pretty much anything I have seen this and last year, TV or film, Did episode 5 last night, Jaw dropping,  Absolutely on another level, Hyper violent, But the set pieces are just mind blowing, Gareth Evans is just head and shoulders above anyone else when it comes to action, Stop watching anything else you have on the go at the moment,  The raid has come to small screen.

I've watched quite a bit while in lockdown, few to share...

Den of thieves - Gerard butler hard drinking head of elite cop unit against a gang of bank robbers (watched it 3 times!)

Avengement - British film escaped prisoner takes revenge on people who got him banged up assaulted inside

Code 8 - DC/marvel-esque people with superpowers are outlawed, desperate young man possessing special powers clashes with a police force after committing a petty crime.

Bad Blood - Inspired by true events,  crime drama follows the Rizzuto family and its successors, as they preside over organized crime in Montreal.

The Witcher - Geralt of Rivia, a mutated monster-hunter for hire, journeys toward his destiny in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. Starring:Henry Cavill (contains some eye-candy!) 😋

• 1 year later...
On 21/07/2018 at 15:59, stretch said:

Last night I watched Wonder, good little feel good film.

I really enjoyed this had to swallow back the tears a couple of times, ha.

On 20/10/2018 at 10:02, RCbutcher said:

Also a good series. :good:

I thought I'd resurrect this thread as I'm always battling to find new stuff. I not so long ago watched a series on Netflix called "Maid", it's a very immersive story about a girl struggling to live with an abusive boyfriend in Canada and has to be one of the best written series I've watched for a long time, it doesn't sound like much of an interesting plot but it's solid writing.

Watching "Anne with an E" at the moment, which an alright easy watch. Tried watching The Witcher but gave up after a few episodes, didn't grip me despite the hype it has got.