• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Last nights tv / movie

capri-boy

I don't know about the rest of you but I finding something good to watch (or Netflix and chill to) is getting harder and harder.  This may have been tried before but how about a place to share what you've watched (or re-watched) recently and what you thought of it.  No need for Barry Norman level of waffle but a few lines or so would probably be appreciated - and definitely let people know if your review has spoilers!

I've just re-watched "These Final Hours"

Genre: Apocalyptic drama

Available on: Netflix UK 

These_Final_Hours.jpg

No spoilers needed.  It's an end of the world movie, but don't let that put you off - this is no rehash of Armageddon or the like .  The film revolves around James, and how he spends his last 12 hrs or so on Earth.  The presumption is all options to avert the disaster have been tried, failed and the end's been a forgone conclusion for some time - and the effect that reality has had on society.  If I had to use one word to sum this film up it'd be haunting - whilst it's not a movie I think many would watch over I've seen it three times now and it still leaves me reeling a little.  The  film moves along,and there's enough eye candy to keep you engaged for a casual watch through, but just underneath the veneer there's much more meat to (try) wrap your head round.  Delivery/production wise think 28 days later or trainspotting rather than a major Hollywood production like The Day after Tomorrow - and for me that's a big plus because whilst I enjoy the polish of a big budget movie I much prefer a well executed independent flick.  

c

4 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Is it scary?  I can't watch scary movies; you see I'm of a very sensitive disposition! :( 

Scary as in jump scares no.  Scary in other ways.  Oh yh. 

Just now, turok007 said:

good film that.

:thumbsup:

What's the last thing you watched worth sharing about guys?

20 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Scary as in jump scares no.  Scary in other ways.  Oh yh. 

:thumbsup:

What's the last thing you watched worth sharing about guys?

last film was the devils rejects  lol

series im watching are

Santa Clarita Diet

black mirror  ----  sort of like a new take on the twilight zone

fear the walking dead

ash vs evil dead

wrecked

I watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean; Dead Men Tell No Tales.

Not sure if this will spoil it or not but I was a bit disappointed.

I'm a huge fanboi of the POTC movies, but this was the worst, in my opinion.

It was a bit too far fetched, it felt a bit digital and very sort of desperate.

A bit too much tongue in cheek stuff, with too much forced humour.

The clip after the credits also lead us to believe there will be another one made, yet they said this was the last one.

A tad confusing, is it worth watching? Well, yeah, if you enjoy them generally, but don't expect it to be as good as the others.

If you aren't a follower of them, I wouldn't bother to be honest.

Braindead - series - starts off okay, some laughs throughout but a bit slow after 2 or 3 episodes

Black sails - series - good couple of series then started to drag. Bit of a light bulb ending - didn't see it coming

Heist - film - twisty - quite good

Suits - series - Hell yeah

Shooter - series - meh

Bad Education - film - okay, passed the time

Taken - series - okay if you forget the films

Mad Dogs - series - v good, entertaining

Start Up - series - season 1 good, just starting on season 2

Train to Busan - film - cracking zombie flick - the running violent type

Baby Driver - film - good film, worth a watch

CHIPS - film - loved it

John Wick 2 - film - yes, yes, yes and yes

Baywatch - film - been waiting ages for this and it did not disappoint

Dunkirk - film - preferred the original

Ghost In The Shell - film - thought provoking

YMMV :thumbsup:

Startup season 2 - watched the first episide last night

Hell on wheels - I like westerns and love this series

Red dwarf 12 - starts on thur this week and as an avid dwarfer will watch but likely to be as painful as the others pre grant/naylor

Big bang theory - new series on E4 this week so will watch that

Narcos on netflix : great series based on columbian drug cartels

Electric Dreams channel 4 : just watched one today bit twilight zone ish but good

House of Cards: Netflix series about white house and politics absolutley addictive cant wait for new series

Yes defo ive used YouTube latly. I found a suspect film but really emjoyed it. 

"Hacker 2016" 

I dont think that's the real name. Its about the deals on the dark web. Although they can just log onto it. I thought it needed special hardware.  It is good tho and must of had healthy budget. 

Hit the new Star Trek last night, Discovery.  I'm not ashamed to say i've enjoyed a lot of Trek over the years and almost all the iterations have had some great story lines as well as some tedious drudgery.  I don't even mind Abrams reboots.

Only 2 episodes on Netflix, both very watchable - the cgi has really taken a huge leap forward from previous Trek.  Too early to say how it'll pan out but so far I can give it a thumbs up - my only niggle being the physical depictions of the Klingons.

597afec8a4d8fc500cd428dc7808ded3259c1632

I saw these final hours and enjoyed that. Aus has its own style in film i like it.  I missed the start of the movie so any explanation of whats happening. Idk mayb it starts with a news story. I don't even know what the event was but afew guesses.  

Last night i watched film4 foreign film and its now the 2nd foreign film ill watch again. A story about a young girl and her dog. She gets parted from him and hes abused. If anyone wread "White fang" the native Indian and wolf story this movie is a better representation of that book that white fang the movie is. Which is terrible i hardly recognised it.

"White God"  Hungarian movie with subtitles. It was worth sitting through underworld to chance upon this.

City of god" is the other foreign speaking film ill watch again. Kung fu movies actually lol. Ip man, ong bak etc.  

Edited by RCbutcher

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This hasn't been posted in for a while and I'd like some new suggestions.

I watched Lone Survivor last night, I really enjoyed it, it's quite powerful, I can't really explain without giving parts away but it's worth a watch.

Also watched The Wall, which is again a good movie, I'm very into that style of movie, but the ending is a bit weird, judge for yourself if you watch it.

Anyone got any good suggestions, something along the lines of John Wick/Hitman, those kinds of stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2018 at 16:57, Oh How Original said:

This hasn't been posted in for a while and I'd like some new suggestions.

I watched Lone Survivor last night, I really enjoyed it, it's quite powerful, I can't really explain without giving parts away but it's worth a watch.

Also watched The Wall, which is again a good movie, I'm very into that style of movie, but the ending is a bit weird, judge for yourself if you watch it.

Anyone got any good suggestions, something along the lines of John Wick/Hitman, those kinds of stuff?

Netflix only - cloverfield paradox isn't actually had at all.  Sci-fi so nothing like hitman etc.  

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Don't Breathe last night, rather enjoyed it, a few moments I thought 'MOVE' :lol: but apart from that it was a pretty good watch if you're into horror.

It wasn't over the top violent, but enough to keep me interested and I think overall it was a good balance, looking forward to the second one which will be a while off yet.

A couple of nights ago I watched Jigsaw, which is the latest in the Saw franchise and found that also very good.

Being a huge Saw fan, it appealed to me before I'd even started watching it.

But now, I really hope they continue to make more.

I don't want to give too much away, but I felt one particular point about it was far fetched, as with most horrors, they have those kinds of moments.

But in the grand scheme of the whole movie, it played a very minor negative role against what was another epic Saw movie.

Just me and you find time for the box and to type about it!

We went lighter last night, having been enjoying Bates Motel the last week or so, so watched Joy.  I'll admit i'm a huge Jennifer Lawrence fan anyway, so no doubt would have got round to it sooner than later anyway.  If your after brownie points with your OH it's well worth a watch.

To ensure the testosterone levels didn't take a hit I've rewatched Watchmen today whilst wrenching in man cave.  Say what you want about Man of Steel Jack Snyder is one of my favourite filmmakers - his remake of Dawn of the Dead is superb, even if it loses steam when they abandon the mall and I love Sucker Punch.

Just finished Altered Carbon. 10 hours of incredibly expensive sci-fi. Think it's Netflix but I'd downloaded it.

Great story as it's based on a series of books. I think they're making five series. Once past the first couple of episodes it really goes places.

Full of graphic violence, sex and full frontal nudity - although it has bad points too. :lol:

Think Blade Runner meets 8mm meets Minority Report meets True Romance and you're halfway there......

On 2/21/2018 at 19:46, namastebuzz said:

Just finished Altered Carbon. 10 hours of incredibly expensive sci-fi. Think it's Netflix but I'd downloaded it.

Great story as it's based on a series of books. I think they're making five series. Once past the first couple of episodes it really goes places.

Full of graphic violence, sex and full frontal nudity - although it has bad points too. :lol:

Think Blade Runner meets 8mm meets Minority Report meets True Romance and you're halfway there......

Cheers - this in my list to watch minus the missus - hadn't realised there was skin on show - more that she detests sci-fi.  Getting to watch Black Mirror took some doing.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched The Collector last night, quite an interesting one, I am a little bit on the fence about, I was researching it after watching it because it ended on a major cliffhanger and found there is actually another one called The Collection, which makes a lot of sense to those who have watched the first one, so I plan on watching that today.

Overall I'd say the first one is well worth watching, I believe it's something to do with the makers of Saw, so you get the general idea of what it's about, a guy plans to steal a ruby (I think) from a rich familys safe, but he finds there is a madman who has booby trapped the house... I won't give too much away :) 

• 3 months later...

Lots consumed, nothing much of note. Until.

Finally got round to A Ghost Story last night. Convinced the boss it was a chick flick, she fell asleep. Just wow, not what I expected at all ( I've purposely steered round reviews etc that hint at spoilers).  

Screenshot_20180721-092711~2.png