• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Mauler Rock Crawler Owners Thread

johninderby

14 minutes ago, just rolling said:

cool, standard (old) savage size yeah?

Have the standard HPI 1/8th F-150 body and it is a bit short in the wheelbase. Have one of the longer wheelbase F150 Supercab bodies arriving Tuesday. May have to fit longer links to stretch the wheelbase about 25mm though.

F08_D5069-8_B2_E-4_E64-_B6_E7-8_D5_D67_F

EBF4959_A-_D89_A-4_C82-836_D-645_AB6_C68

John

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Have the standard HPI 1/8th F-150 body and it is a bit short in the wheelbase. Have one of the longer wheelbase F150 Supercab bodies arriving Tuesday. May have to fit longer links to stretch the wheelbase about 25mm though.

F08_D5069-8_B2_E-4_E64-_B6_E7-8_D5_D67_F

EBF4959_A-_D89_A-4_C82-836_D-645_AB6_C68

John

cool thanks, got the stretched f150 on a lst xxle, in metalic blue, great looking shell

11 hours ago, ph678 said:

I've been looking into these for a while now.  If its anything like the outlaw then it'll be well worth the money! :) I don't need one, I don't need one!!!!

My brains tells me i need 1 aswell, i kinda don't but i kinda do, the struggle is real lol

18 hours ago, johninderby said:

Ford Supercab 1/8th shell arrived. Will have to make up some longer links to lengthen the wheelbase  a bit but will look great when done. :thumbsup:

John

81528_BA6-_AA1_D-422_C-_B5_EA-54_F3915_F

cool, not that far off, must be some size as i have that shell on a lst xxle

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

popped to local model shop, well actually was trying to drive past it and now i got a bloody mauler sitting on top of the bloody pile of other cars and trucks, good size and weight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Get out and run it.  :yahoo:

Surprisingly capable even totally stock.

John

Its much more than the outback, changed the battery connector and plan to try it tomorrow, the big tires and extra weight of it should be able to do quite a bit more than my outback. Plan to find some longer body posts and then drop a savage size truck shell onto it. Compared it to a gmade komodo which looked better but this was less than half the price of the gmade so no question as to which one was going into the boot of my car 

Evening gents,I have just brought one of these!had a quick go yesterday,great fun ? used to race 1/10 touring cars so this is a bit different!

got a couple of questions,can anyone recommend a decent but not stupidly expensive servo for the steering?standard one is not that great!and having read this thread am I right in assuming that axial axles props and drive shafts will fit on the mauler?

many thanks Darren 

After modding mine quite a bit using bits from my spare parts box found it doesn’t really need much doing to it. Would recommend changing the servo and propshafts though. I also changed to a Quicrun 1060 ESC which of course means you’d need to fit a new radio. You can get an RX that will work with the stock transmitter.

http://ftx-rc.com/ftx-mauler-optional-receiver-for-separate-esc-use-not-2in?search=Mauler receiver

John

Edited by johninderby

Hi John,Servo and props was top of my list followed by esc!is the quicrun good at very low speed?i want a bit more control at low speed and standard esc seems a bit snatchy.i have a spectrum dx3 for my other cars so can just buy another rx for that.