• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

9 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

They really do look ace straight out of the box..  I'm a teeny weeny bit jealous Gaz! :D 

Move that Proline MT on to it's rightful home (you we're quick!) and free up a space in the cave for it ;)

Scalers / crawlers do nothing for me at the moment, but i'll echo others and say they do look mighty nice for a rtr.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Move that Proline MT on to it's rightful home (you we're quick!) and free up a space in the cave for it ;)

Scalers / crawlers do nothing for me at the moment, but i'll echo others and say they do look mighty nice for a rtr.

I didn't get that PMT, was gazzumped by OHO... :( 

2 hours ago, Carpmart said:

They really do look ace straight out of the box..  I'm a teeny weeny bit jealous Gaz! :D 

Coming from you sir Carport, I'll take that as a compliment :good:

• Like 1

That mate looks superb!

please feel free to post up pics and links to that there front bumper looks good, I'm waiting for a hd bumper to be released, then slap on my winch.

couple of points to raise as yet, wheel choice is limited as yet and it's a real pain if you wish to switch to your own radio gear.

otherwise still over the moon with it, and yeah does need some bits and bobs doing, just want to put a few hours through it.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, trxrincon said:

I see they've gone up to £500, I  got mine back in June for £469, I guess popularity has made Traxxas up the price? Oh, I've got brass portal covers for mine next. 

Still available for closer to 450 than 500 if you look around.

I love the look of the TRX 4 and if I had 500 notes I would be buying one!  They are expensive but Traxaas always are!

Gaz I would love to hear more feedback from using it in anger!

I have a Maverick scout and it is fantastic around the garden, however I thought I would take it for a run the weekend and got bored of it's slow speed actually trying to drive it somewhere to use it :(

18 hours ago, Rover Man said:

Any updates ??? I keep looking but just cant make my mind up.

Whats sort of upgrades or shiny stuff is out for them yet 

Biggest upgrade out of the box would be getting some weight up front, I have popped on alloy wheels with pit bull mad beast tyres and filled in the front bumper with lead, feels much better now although no real testing due to weather :good:

go go for it mate, it won't disapppoint.

i have to buy another one in next couple of weeks, the green one :whistling:

1 hour ago, Gavster29 said:

I love the look of the TRX 4 and if I had 500 notes I would be buying one!  They are expensive but Traxaas always are!

Gaz I would love to hear more feedback from using it in anger!

I have a Maverick scout and it is fantastic around the garden, however I thought I would take it for a run the weekend and got bored of it's slow speed actually trying to drive it somewhere to use it :(

From the use I've given it as yet, apart from needing weight up front it's a cracking truck, will keep up with a scx10 75% of the time with the diffs open, lock them up and it's quite a beast!

more severe testing will be done at the nationals next month, I'll do a more in depth kind of review on it then

next mod for me is portal covers and knuckle weights.

some folk are finding the steering servo to be weak, mine "seems" fine as yet but a bereft hi-tec is on standby..... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...