• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

Thanks guys.

So, little progress on the throttle issue, tried it using a Tamiya esc (teu-104bk) and still the same. So once school is back open next week I’ll give it a strip and clean I think. 

Seen the dx5c on eBay for £110 delivered. Which isn’t helping either :whistling:

29 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Thanks guys.

So, little progress on the throttle issue, tried it using a Tamiya esc (teu-104bk) and still the same. So once school is back open next week I’ll give it a strip and clean I think. 

Seen the dx5c on eBay for £110 delivered. Which isn’t helping either :whistling:

I used this stuff to fix the Maverick TX's which have dodgy throttle pots : http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/lubricating-penetrating-oil/halfords-electrical-contact-cleaner-400ml

Just be warned it can attack some plastics.... like my Cateye rear bike light which instantly crazed into tiny pieces and fell apart :mellow:

Day off today... errands, shopping and chores done and intended fitting the shiny red portal covers.

Popped to LHS for an ESC for a mate and 'accidentally' bought myself a new shell :D

Swapped all hardware onto new shell and totally rewired lights, new bumper on
Beers were nice too :D:D 

26574377458_99555e9c65_c.jpg

Taking it for early morning run and pics to follow

5 hours ago, big gaz said:

Looks great mate.

what you doing with the old one?

@heavyleftthumb, will do soon mate. Almost end of half term now.

im still waiting on last couple of bits for it to arrive but got a couple of other jobs to sort out first.

oh yeah forgot they were on half term ours was last week lol

On 24/02/2018 at 21:22, trxrincon said:

Sorry, just a quick question, has anyone changed the steering servo without using an external Bec? I'm looking at installing a power HD 20kg servo. 

Yes mate, I use a hi-tec 7955 24kg servo and as it wont get the full beans a bec would give, still not shabby. 

I am using the hobbywing quicrun 1080 now so will report back but previous use has been fine again without a bec. But it is good practice to run one to lighten the load of the esc.

23 hours ago, norcoforever said:

Stupid question I have a spektrum dx4c that I want to fit into the traxxas. I don't have locking diffs but how do I set the controller to operate the high/low speed servo?

Set aux 1 or 2 to 2position in the menu and adjust trim to suit mate, can’t see it being too much different from the dx4s? 

23 hours ago, Davy Crockett said:

Cheers mate! :)

Undecided at the moment... more like don't know :D 

Keep me posted if you decide to sell mate :good:

19 hours ago, heavyleftthumb said:

oh yeah forgot they were on half term ours was last week lol

Back to normal tomorrow mate :ph34r:

• Like 1

Sorry, just a quick question, has anyone changed the steering servo without using an external Bec? I'm looking at installing a power HD 20kg servo. 
I've been running one of the HD 20kg jobies and started with no BEC no problems, I'm using a BEC now but not because of the servo I just wanted to save the ESC some work plus added lighting

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gavster29 said:

I've been running one of the HD 20kg jobies and started with no BEC no problems, I'm using a BEC now but not because of the servo I just wanted to save the ESC some work plus added lighting

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Thats cool, Ive just bought the servo with a metal horn this morning,. I'll see how I get on.  Could you tell much difference between the two servos?  Cheers 

Small update, attached a tow rope my wife made for me......

oh and fitted the gds alloy lower link mounts (hard to tell them apart from plastic apart from the threaded bit.

pics to follow shortly.

3 hours ago, trxrincon said:

Yup, also interested in the 1080. 

my traxxas esc died after a week, i have the hw 1060 in another truck which is good but the 1080 in my trx, 1080 comes with a great programming box, i only run 10% drag brake which is great for rolling down stuff, lots of options with the tuning box thing

• Like 1

@big gaz, love the red bits and upgrades, tow rope nice addition... might steal that idea :D

See you have rear spare on, didn't you remove it for weight? Or was that advice to my tipping up? Lol!

I had a run with my metal front bumper on and difference is amazing, no wanting to tip back on a climb anymore.