• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

4 hours ago, mo_miah said:

Im waiting to see what the kit version is like. Think my xmas bonus will go on that

I think I would have gone for the kit version if that gorgeous 110 shell wasn’t there on the rtr :whistling:

Well, little update....

both good and and bad news to report,

been out out for a bash with the trx4’s today and noticed a couple of things that I now need to address.

1, forgot to center the servo prior to today and was a real ball ache trying to sort it in the field.

2, really need some taller tyres (been waiting for 3 months for stock to come back)

3, it’s dirty.....

One other little problem I do have is that almost the first half of the throttle needs to be applied before the motor squeals (im going to try and re-calibrate the esc and tx, or it’s a problem with the transmitter) something to investigate tomorrow if I can find a little spare time.

otherwise great run out for me and jake, he loves his new trx4.

• Like 1

Well the turnout wasn’t great yesterday but I would say half the rigs there were the Traxxas trx4, loads of people all say the same thing too about how good it is.

i’ll put it another way, we have one each now, paying full uk prices too and I don’t have any regrets in buying them.

• Like 1

I have a scx10ii kit and adding all the extras like inner fender wells and other features the trx4 has already. By the time you add up all the bits you're talking trx4 money anyway.

Got one for Xmas off the wife, replaced steering servo original packed up on Christmas day, now fitted checker plates on wings, waiting for door/bonnet hinges, rear mud flaps side checker plates, fuel filler, & today ordered a complete green body shell, have not told wife yet. Still need to order more.:D

3 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Got one for Xmas off the wife, replaced steering servo original packed up on Christmas day, now fitted checker plates on wings, waiting for door/bonnet hinges, rear mud flaps side checker plates, fuel filler, & today ordered a complete green body shell, have not told wife yet. Still need to order more.:D

Be great to see some pics of it :good:

Little update :insane:

Since the last scale nationals back in October, I decided I “needed” some Pit bull rock beast xl tyres as they are taller than the plain rock beast that I bought by mistake :ph34r:

anyway, scouring eBay over the holidays I found a cracking deal on some Pro-line Hyrax 1.9” with the exact same diameter as the pitbull tyres on rcMart eBay shop, just a shade u der £40 posted.

heard lots of good things about these so worth a try until the pitbull xl’s come back into stock, then hopefully some comparison testing.....

anyway still a ton of stuff between my house and Hong Kong shops at the minute so just a couple of pics.

178_D921_B-_F7_CD-4_D28-9_E68-_A63664_AA

F6198728-5_C90-4173-_AF1_E-4_BC9_FE63_A4

F844_EB99-_C9_BC-45_F9-9_D5_A-2_AB9_AD11

hope to update the thread again soon :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Rims like the Rc4wd monster race line wheels with a big rear beadlock ring are very likely to rub the portal housings, however, there is room for wider hexes but I like the “look” of the stance as it is.

Rc4wd stamped steelies and load of the cheap Chinese alloy wheels will fit along with the full range of 1.9” and 2.2” wheels from ssd. 

link me to the ones you like and I’ll yes or no them for you mate.

real bad points (just put in your thread) are needs weight up front, steering servo isn’t strong enough for this truck and reset the end points for the mini servos, they will last longer.

the stock tyres are very good once worn in, maybe worth un glueing them and putting on some nice beadlocks.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, big gaz said:

real bad points (just put in your thread) are needs weight up front, steering servo isn’t strong enough for this truck and reset the end points for the mini servos, they will last longer.

the stock tyres are very good once worn in, maybe worth un glueing them and putting on some nice beadlocks.

Cant agree more with Gaz's advice... I've blown a diff servo after only a few runs, replaced them both with cheap (£2.41!)  turnigy 9g servos , so far so good

Ive tried some RC4WD Dick cepek copies and they foul the portals, junfac NR02 plastic beadlock are fine

• Like 2

I think mine are gmade alloys too although I can’t be sure :whistling:

i was looking at those servos too mate, keep us posted on how they fair, might be worth stocking a few “just in case” :good:

1 hour ago, Davy Crockett said:

Cant agree more with Gaz's advice... I've blown a diff servo after only a few runs, replaced them both with cheap (£2.41!)  turnigy 9g servos , so far so good

Ive tried some RC4WD Dick cepek copies and they foul the portals, junfac NR02 plastic beadlock are fine

At that price I've just ordered a few to keep in as spares :)