• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Desert Buggy XL-E

Madmini

42 minutes ago, just rolling said:

whoa, that could be the xmaxx out of my future plans

In my opinion, there is no comparison between the two. Both do what they do perfectly well, a 1/5th just feels like a proper toy and will always trump the X for that reason......

• Like 2

Very nice looks like I better start saving ;) 

I wonder if Horizon leaving the uk will cause issues with its release here though and what's part support going to be like now for it ? 

Edited by mydoddy69

1 hour ago, Noj said:

I think that's actually not a bad price. My conversion was probably way more than that all in and I started with a used roller. It looks like it also has 5ive centre drive shaft couplers which is a massive bonus. Still has the bad shocks, no sign of Nomad tyres and the flip top lid looks like it will break at the hinges. 

The one question though is the motor mount. That actually looks really good but the mounting plate looks a little off. The visible screws look offset. I'd love to see a parts listing and how they are dealing with the battery trays. 

So it has  LOS251050 as the new chassis, which looks two part. The old one and a plate that goes on top of that. LOS252061 is a new spur but the motor plate is odd which might suggest it would be hard to use other motors. The centre drive is all dogbones too. Not as good as what the 5ive has but better than the DBXL version. 

54 minutes ago, mond said:

I think that's actually not a bad price. My conversion was probably way more than that all in and I started with a used roller. It looks like it also has 5ive centre drive shaft couplers which is a massive bonus. Still has the bad shocks, no sign of Nomad tyres and the flip top lid looks like it will break at the hinges. 

The one question though is the motor mount. That actually looks really good but the mounting plate looks a little off. The visible screws look offset. I'd love to see a parts listing and how they are dealing with the battery trays. 

dbxl-e-23.jpg

Looks 'standard' to me.

This may well be my first LOSI.  A lot of $ to me, but I get it's relatively an excellent price.  

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I wonder if Horizon leaving the uk will cause issues with its release here though and what's part support going to be like now for it ? 

Horizon EU will be keeping on some current, UK retailers, parts, as always, will come from Germany.

Doesn't put me off buying one personally.....

• Like 1

A sub par Castle product?? Well now I've heard everything.....;)

Looking at the manual, batteries sit either side of the ESC in trays. Shouldn't be difficult to remount the ESC to squeeze in the Zippy 8000's......

Kinda makes the decision really.....

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

id expect the retailers here to stock parts for it?