• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw Owners

Yeah.  I really don't like blue. I have a 120a esc & 2200kv motor going spare. I thought it'd fit. But it's about 6mm too long  :boredlook:. So I nicked the gool combo out of my axxe & popped it in. It dogs a little, but it'll do.

Quick question about 23t pinions.
Has anyone used one on their outlaw either brushed or brushless and what was the outcome/difference please?
Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 26/02/2017 at 14:50, johninderby said:

Test run around the car park of the new sensored BL system. The clone IROK tyres handle so much better than the stock tyres. It now slides under hard cornering rather than rolling over. ;)

John

I noticed you have some torque twist, here's a link to a guy on YouTube that has a pretty good fix 

don't know if you've seen it or sorted it out yet as I'm taking my time reading the posts.

17 hours ago, 53HRA said:

How are you guys finding the stock brushless combo? Are they likely to go pop in a short period of time?

The stock brushless is an Etronix Photon system. Absolutely nothing wrong with that! They are a very solid, affordable manufacturer. The electrics in the brushless are several magnitudes of quality above the awful electrics in the brushed.

14 hours ago, NOFX said:

Sorry. Can't help with that un.  I fitted a gool brushless system in mine after buying brushed & finding it too slow. 

Same!

18 hours ago, rct said:

Quick question about 23t pinions.
Has anyone used one on their outlaw either brushed or brushless and what was the outcome/difference please?
Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yep, it makes quite a nice jump up in top speed. Though I fitted this when I converted it to Brushless, and run 3S, so it still has rapid acceleration. Undoubtedly if I were to fit a 17t pinion it would accelerate a little quicker,  but top end will suffer. 

1 hour ago, just rolling said:

oh no my front diff must of gone, got a locker in rear, have drive to the front right and the rears but very little to the poor front left

Check the little grub screw on the drive cup which attaches to the diff, might be just come loose. I've had this on several other models over the years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, t2boats said:

Check the little grub screw on the drive cup which attaches to the diff, might be just come loose. I've had this on several other models over the years. 

that little problem got me a few times in the past lol, not sure what it was but had spare internals so swopped em over, change of grease and its all good again

14 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Just got a new unused never been out the box brushed outlaw for £95 :) so the savings got the GoolRC BL system :D 

cool, there good fun trucks, i run a locked diff block in rear and love it, think it was less than £2 lol

Yep, it makes quite a nice jump up in top speed. Though I fitted this when I converted it to Brushless, and run 3S, so it still has rapid acceleration. Undoubtedly if I were to fit a 17t pinion it would accelerate a little quicker,  but top end will suffer. 
Many thanks boats that what i was after.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Just ordered a couple of lipos & a connector for the outlaw .& a few lipos for mine & little uns mini monster trucks. Hopefully the weather'll clear up next week for some quality time with mini mayhem :D

4 hours ago, just rolling said:

cool, there good fun trucks, i run a locked diff block in rear and love it, think it was less than £2 lol

The diff looker that you can buy looks very much like an axial one got one of them so will try that if not then out with the blue tack :) 

4 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

Cracking deal! :good:

I'm 100% sure you'll enjoy your ownership.

I've not been this excited for an RC for a while :) the more I read about it the more excited I get :D only got to page 8 out of the 59 :lol: 

4 hours ago, Nickarla said:

How?

Was an auction on eBay so it's is technically second hand but never been out the box and used the final price was £95.01 :lol: just got the waiting game to play now :boredlook:

• Like 3

My Got myself a outback change to a 10kg servo .

On full lock going forward fine reverse and gets stuck on er forgot which side.

Tried all sorts of variations of the little shaft on front even bought aluminium end axles for structural integrity.

Only happens in reverse most times .

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

The diff looker that you can buy looks very much like an axial one got one of them so will try that if not then out with the blue tack :) 

I've not been this excited for an RC for a while :) the more I read about it the more excited I get :D only got to page 8 out of the 59 :lol: 

Was an auction on eBay so it's is technically second hand but never been out the box and used the final price was £95.01 :lol: just got the waiting game to play now :boredlook:

Watch " king of the hammers" & ultra 4 . That'll get ya even more excited :D

• Like 2