• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

X2; brushless.

Tug

49 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

Yes im running 26cc standard engine with losi pipe imo 40mph is the sweet spot for bashing

Cheers, I don't think I'll need anymore than that for my use. Point, squirt, jump, repeat. 

• Like 1

Cool as muck, now I'm thinking about an ebaja. That hobbywing seems to handle this fine so would Surley suit a baja with ease. Would an 8s baja be insane power?  Front wheels up rear wheels skipping. 

4 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Cool as muck, now I'm thinking about an ebaja. That hobbywing seems to handle this fine so would Surley suit a baja with ease. Would an 8s baja be insane power?  Front wheels up rear wheels skipping. 

If the packs fit it ain't insane :wacko:

2 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

This vid is from one of the guys who used to forum, think it was an XL2 with the 780kv motor on 8s he ran, just dont quote me on it. but it is quick!

2 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

8s would be pointless in a Baja.

The right electrics to begin with and 6s/7s is plenty, I saw Mr Nojs running on 7s and it was a serious handful.

The instance power is just far greater than an IC so something of equal power in IC wouldn't be as hard to handle.

Instant power in that video - too much to be honest.

Wonder what the diff / driveshafts look like!!

Doesn't seem right without an IC motor 'though, but would be hard to equal that power - possible and could be fun!!

Al.

10 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

I wouldn't call it insane, but certainly a handful, paticularly on anything more than damp grass. Running 7S and a 17 tooth pinion helps to hobble some of the torque, this makes the car far more driveable. This is all based on the 2028, 780KV motor. 

At the time of writing this, none of the Hobbywing max range will recognise odd cell counts, not even manually. 

Rear tyres are key, most favour Hostile MX Nightmares, very good on any off-road terrain. Don't run them on road, they'll be wrecked very quickly. Uber make a nice rear tyre, but I've not tried it yet. 

Don't expect it to stop "on a dime", they're big and heavy. I've recently fitted KM front cable operated discs and the stopping distance on road is cut in half. I haven't yet tried them off road, it's been too wet. 

7s with 17/57 gearing works for me....I'd have to gear down for 8s and frankly, CBA :lol:

As for brakes, overrated for bashing, IMHO of course. The 5ive is heavy enough not to need any...quick left, right, left, right on the steering and she'll slow right down...

5 minutes ago, Noj said:

Not killed anyone yet.....

Not trying hard enough then! :rc_car:

To all; 

Flippant jokes aside, I'm picking up on this post because of a status update recently made by Nitroholic, he was commenting on the logistics of moving 1/5 machines around, whether it was for driving them or maintenance, they're big lumps that require a sizeable effort to shunt around. He ain't wrong! I've owned the Baja for approximately 5 years and the Super 5sc Flux for approximately three, but they're fly-weights compared to this platform! To put it into context, you need to carry a 5ive/X2 from either the front or rear bumper and STILL turn it sideways just so you can fit through a door! They're enormous! And blooming heavy! 

That's all for now, updates as they happen. 

6 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

I use dog lead from the 99p store and tow my X2 everywhere..... Also makes getting through door ways easier too as you don't have to be holding it while you do it.

How much was the lead ??? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

I use dog lead from the 99p store and tow my X2 everywhere..... Also makes getting through door ways easier too as you don't have to be holding it while you do it.

I'd imagine it's not as easy with a leccy rig as the motor is permanently engaged unlike in a gasser.

2 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

How much was the lead ??? 

I don't think he got much change from a quid.

Just now, chewbacca said:

I'd imagine it's not as easy with a leccy rig as the motor is permanently engaged unlike in a gasser.

If your motor is jammed to the point where it won't be turn over easily when pulling it then towing it is the least of your problems.

7 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Now i could be 100% wrong here but seem to remember something ive seen on tv or read.

If you spin a motor with no power does it not act as a basic type of dynamo ???  If so if you pull if far enough your battery would be recharged .

Worth looking in to by one of the leccy guru's lol 

Just now, Rover Man said:

Now i could be 100% wrong here but seem to remember something ive seen on tv or read.

If you spin a motor with no power does it not act as a basic type of dynamo ???  If so if you pull if far enough your battery would be recharged .

Your theory is correct except for one minor point. Nobody is gonna tow their rig that far :lol:

8 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Remove the lid from your Rx box, then turn your front wheels by hand vigorously left and right. You should see you Rx light flash on briefly. Exact same theory. 

However, as Chewie said, I ain't dragging it that far! 

23 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

I have a lead for towing the big rigs, but I'm just trying to avoid damaging the door frames! :lol:

16 minutes ago, scatteh316 said:

If your motor is jammed to the point where it won't be turn over easily when pulling it then towing it is the least of your problems.

Large motors of a low KV create an enormous amount of drag, you KNOW when you're pulling one! 

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Large motors of a low KV create an enormous amount of drag, you KNOW when you're pulling one! 

I knew my comment was valid.