• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper MT Plus

capri-boy

25 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

But it says the plastics are better quality? I much prefer the boring traditional MT shape I'm afraid!

Until we get one in the flesh that's purely speculation and marketing Jim, to be taken with a pinch of salt.  Other than a few reports of broken roll bars I've not heard of issues with the plastics on the original personally.

12 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:
56 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I think the RTR will be over the £450 mark though won't it?

Possibly, though original was but discounted at some places.  You can still buy the original Jim, Modelsport list it at £400.  Electrics are good, you'll need a chassis brace (so will the plus) a CNC spur or slipper (so will the plus) and prob a shell to your taste - I know of a buyer that will take the white/blue rtr shell off your hands for some beer tokens so that will go towards a Proline shell of some sort - but at least you can choose your own colour and proline lexan shells will  be stronger than a rtr preprinted.  

Biggest potential cost of doing it this way is wheels and tyres - the Plus has more MT orientated wheels from the look but who knows what there like tread / durability wise.  The originals wheels / tyre's aren't bad, in fact the handling on them is superior in my opinion due to the thin sidewall, they just lack the damping of a nice thick 3.8 Trencher X etc.  Like the shell you could sell them and get some 3.8's - good used sets are £40-£45, or £75-80 new.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

My luck will be buy the old RTR, new one is released, old one drops in price!! Lol.

I'd certainly be pushing for some extra's from any shop that has the old one in stock.  If it's MS then as there saying supplier stock it's unlikely you'll get anywhere as they haven't already 'bought' it in.  Whether CML will cut anymore of a deal IDK.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking this over and I may have been a bit hasty in saying it's not worth the extra ..These new plus come with cvd's all round or so I'm told, which is a saving of £28 plus then there's  the tyres and shell which I know are just cosmetic but are or will appeal to more than the old ones plus the shock springs are better thats another £10 and the lower links have been changed another £10  pop on the new bumper so no more buying lights when they fall out. There's  other tiny things but just these alone are worth the extra now I come to think of it ;) 

Agree where the increase has come from, I still think the roller represents good value though - I'm very anti RTR preprinted shells, especially on a basher - reinforcement is a must even for lighter use.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Are you stocking these & the roller yet Nige?

Jim, there's a used RTR just up the road from me.  On eBay atm for £320 inc 2 lipo's:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hyper-Mt-Sport-Rc-Monster-Truck-/282055281823?hash=item41abce0c9f:g:iIUAAOSwYmZXOIl6

I'd be wanting to haggle that down a bit I think - he had it up for sale locally at £300, at £320 ebay fees are going to mean he ends up with £290 net.

There's also a tidy nitro for sale on ebay, from end of line RC (CML basically afaik) for £280 del.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hyper-MT-Nitro-Monster-Truck-RTR-W-Savox-Servos-Orange-LIGHTLY-USED-/131827015234?hash=item1eb1809e42:g:quAAAOSwagdXRcxu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

No MTe plus rollers yet then?

I don't think there is this time round :( there's  one on there website but it dosent have a part number so guessing there not doing it this time round.? . You can still get the older roller so maybe there waiting for them to all get sold first ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16 June 2016 at 20:18, mydoddy69 said:

Yep there at £429 which is £30 more than the old one which ain't bad really ;) 

I agree it's a good price, especially considering I could sell the tx/Rx for maybe £30?

bored my wife yesterday by showing her all 3 on my shortlist, she's told me that as its my (milestone) birthday on the 13th July, everyone's chipping in to buy me a new RC! So looks like budget is not a problem anymore.

xmaxx??!! Lol.

1 minute ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I agree it's a good price, especially considering I could sell the tx/Rx for maybe £30?

bored my wife yesterday by showing her all 3 on my shortlist, she's told me that as its my (milestone) birthday on the 13th July, everyone's chipping in to buy me a new RC! So looks like budget is not a problem anymore.

xmaxx??!! Lol.

Sod it if it's a freebie milk it X maxx here you come ;)