• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao Hyper MT Plus

capri-boy

The Hyper MT Plus is now ready for shipping to various countries and will be on the market by March 1st around the world. The majority of the parts on the Hyper MT Plus are compatible with the Hyper MT so there will be no difficulties finding parts. The difference between Hyper MT Plus and MT is that the steering system on the MT Plus has been refined for better handling and precision when controlling the truck. Re-enforcement has been added to the steering system to make it tougher and long lasting. The qualities of the metal and plastic material used throughout the truck have been upgraded to make the truck more robust with much better impact resistance. Last but not least, the Hyper MT Plus has an all new fresh appearance with a redesigned truck body and 6-spoke rims to make the truck stand out from the others.

Features:

1. Electric version is equipped with high performance 150A waterproof ESC and 2000KV motor
2. Nitro version is equipped with new Hyper 30 COPS high output engine
3. High quality metal and plastic parts used throughout the truck
4. Front universal drive shaft
5. New body design
6. New wheel design

And more!

24910020999_545770afca_o.jpg

25159438522_96b144bf88_o.jpg

25184540451_3747a12121_o.jpg

25251434686_966417f00a_o.jpg

Source

View full news article

2 minutes ago, Guns said:

Any options for an extension? Im still thinking a Savage XL is my only option...

Not really besides doing it yourself - cut and shut the chassis and longer centre driveshafts to compensate.

1 hour ago, FatWheels said:

Price?

Current brushless model (with marmite shell) retails at about £400 now, launch price was £450 odd iirc.  

1 hour ago, Guns said:

Ill see what pricing looks like :)

When the MTe was released it was more exspensive to get it shipped from overseas than you could get it here in the UK for .. Even now if you get caught with handling and import fees it's still more money :( 

Sadly there are are no options to extended the chassis and to be honest I don't think even if I could I would it would spoil the way the truck runs IMO ..

The savage XL yep looking forward to the release but what with HPI Europe in trouble I think it may be a while before we see it if at all this side of Christmas . :( 

On a more up note CML have said there getting stock of the new plus around the end of April middle of May if not before :) not sure when will see stock in stores tho as most still have the mt stocked from what I can see.

41 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

When the MTe was released it was more exspensive to get it shipped from overseas than you could get it here in the UK for .. Even now if you get caught with handling and import fees it's still more money :( 

Sadly there are are no options to extended the chassis and to be honest I don't think even if I could I would it would spoil the way the truck runs IMO ..

The savage XL yep looking forward to the release but what with HPI Europe in trouble I think it may be a while before we see it if at all this side of Christmas . :( 

On a more up note CML have said there getting stock of the new plus around the end of April middle of May if not before :) not sure when will see stock in stores tho as most still have the mt stocked from what I can see.

:( Wanted to get it next week, as the original post says 1st of March.... Why is it taking CML so long?

I may even convert a Nitro Savage, that was fun to do!

Edited by Guns

2 hours ago, Guns said:

:( Wanted to get it next week, as the original post says 1st of March.... Why is it taking CML so long?

I may even convert a Nitro Savage, that was fun to do!

Give them a ring see why or if things have since changed ? 

3 hours ago, Noj said:

Wonder if they'll offer the rtr and artr versions like before? Could be tempted....

Yep both rtr and like before a roller 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Must,... hold,... out....

can I do it?

Depends if you like the old versions looks or the new as other than cosmetics the rollers haven't changed much, well going by the parts manual they haven't 

32 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Depends if you like the old versions looks or the new as other than cosmetics the rollers haven't changed much, well going by the parts manual they haven't 

But it says the plastics are better quality? I much prefer the boring traditional MT shape I'm afraid!