• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

16 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Was that bashing or crashing 😂😂.   

My centre has a mix of silicone ear plug and Traxxas 50 mil  front and rear are stock. 

After a quick look online, I can’t seem to find anything thicker than the 20 million cst oil from traxxas. Would you be able to point me in the right direction please?

3 hours ago, Ant.p said:

After a quick look online, I can’t seem to find anything thicker than the 20 million cst oil from traxxas. Would you be able to point me in the right direction please?

500k WT or look around for 1 million WT, but you'll need a spoon for that, it doesn't exactly pour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Yep that’s the stuff sorry thought it was 50 just remove a bit out of the centre diff and add about half a silicone ear plug  as well 

• Like 1

Hi I'm having trouble with the brakes on my xmaxx, they are either full power or don't work at all, changed the settings on the tqi link and it doesn't make any difference. I've recalibrated the esc a few times and still no improvement, is the esc on its way out? 

8 hours ago, krel said:

Hi I'm having trouble with the brakes on my xmaxx, they are either full power or don't work at all, changed the settings on the tqi link and it doesn't make any difference. I've recalibrated the esc a few times and still no improvement, is the esc on its way out? 

hi,

Are you running in training mode? If yes - at what % power? Iv noticed if you run below 50-60% power - brakes are very weak even if you adjust them to 100%

48 minutes ago, krel said:

Hi no not running it in training mode, getting full power out of it and made sure that training mode wasn't enabled 

I see. And by "full power or don't work at all" are you saying they work randomly or there is only 2 settings they work 0% or 100%?

1 hour ago, krel said:

Yeah they work either full power or no brakes at all nothing inbetween 

Could try another tx/rx if you have one to rule out any potential  issues there. Otherwise, my guess would be the esc.

Hi all, sorry to jump in on the thread. Complete X-Maxx noob here. I was incredibly lucky to win one on hobby comps a few weeks back and really cannot wait to get to grips with it and take it for a bash. Sorry for a battery related  question, if possible would anybody be able to suggest some 4s battery packs that would be good for me to get going with. so far ive never gone much beyond 2s turnigy graphene packs but completely unsure on the good options out there for 4s.

Really appreciate the help

11 minutes ago, Rjs1882 said:

Hi all, sorry to jump in on the thread. Complete X-Maxx noob here. I was incredibly lucky to win one on hobby comps a few weeks back and really cannot wait to get to grips with it and take it for a bash. Sorry for a battery related  question, if possible would anybody be able to suggest some 4s battery packs that would be good for me to get going with. so far ive never gone much beyond 2s turnigy graphene packs but completely unsure on the good options out there for 4s.

Really appreciate the help

Whats your budget?

I bought a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08R9S3CLW

I also bought a pair of DXF 8000mah ones.

Similar to these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000561933040.html

To be honest...I barely make it through a pair of packs before I decide to wrap up and go home. Usually go out with my boys, and a pair of 4s batteries from Amazon lasts me 45-1hr of stop start play. 

Edited by vimto2000

11 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

Similar to these:

To be honest...I barely make it through a pair of packs before I decide to wrap up and go home. Usually go out with my boys, and a pair of 4s batteries from Amazon lasts me 45-1hr of stop start play. 

Spot on thanks for that, Appreciate the help

22 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

Similar to these:

i wouldn't trust aliexpress batteries with 1200eur car.... 

5 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Just installed and tested MAX6  ESC. And have to say OMG what a difference! Not only no more overheating issues, but run time increased by a lot, would say 30-50%.

20220428_184725.jpg

Swapped from what? Stock ESC? Put it back in and do some proper runtime tests between the two?

12 minutes ago, Tug said:

Swapped from what? Stock ESC? Put it back in and do some proper runtime tests between the two?

There is a very noticeable increase just changing the ESC from Traxxas to an aftermarket one, even with gearing etc the same. The Traxxas ESC hold so much back. Its just fasterand more efficient.

@Tadas wait till you gear up!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

There is a very noticeable increase just changing the ESC from Traxxas to an aftermarket one, even with gearing etc the same. The Traxxas ESC hold so much back. Its just fasterand more efficient.

@Tadas wait till you gear up!

Its too fast for me as is 😄😄 

On 27/04/2022 at 20:05, Tadas said:

i wouldn't trust aliexpress batteries with 1200eur car.... 

AliExpress are supplying them but not making them. DXF batteries are pretty good, better than my Amazon's ones.