• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

33 minutes ago, Guns said:

Didn't know the wifi link was close to £50 lol. My stock RX cant handle moe than 6.0v anyway :(

I run my max6 at 7.4v with the stock rx and stock servo not had any problems so far with it .. Manual states 4,8v -6.0v though for the 6533 so if you do run at 7.4v its at your own risk !

13 minutes ago, Guns said:

Comes in at £534 94 to your door in the UK but what about the refundable deposit and return esc there's no mention of it is there  ?  If you can get them to take back your esc and give you the $175 (£141.93) deposit back then it comes in at £393.01 give or take a few penny's plus whatever it cost to return the esc so cheaper at Wheelspin ;) 

I traded in a load of unused electronics at CEX today which has gave my funds a boost..

Im looking at some radio upgrades/BEC/telemetry changes and im stuck....

id like to run 7.2v bec, which Im sure i probably could get away with using the stock RX, however Traxxas say it shouldnt be done sooo I have a few options....

1) Abisms CR4t. Its the cheapest option i suppose and easist. £119 delivered to my door. It has all the telemetry and can handle 7.2v bec. But is it a little 'cheap'?

2) Futaba 4PLS from Tower. The most expensive option with all the telemetry and isnt gps speed....

3) stick with Traxxas. Add the telemetry extender, gps module and sensors and run the servo on stock voltage, or a Castle 20a external BEC....

Decisions decisions...

3 minutes ago, Guns said:

I traded in a load of unused electronics at CEX today which has gave my funds a boost..

id like to run 7.2v bec, which Im sure i probably could get away with using the stock RX, however Traxxas say it shouldnt be done sooo I have a few options....

1) Abisms CR4t. Its the cheapest option i suppose and easist. £119 delivered to my door. It has all the telemetry and can handle 7.2v bec. But is it a little 'cheap'?

2) Futaba 4PLS from Tower. The most expensive option with all the telemetry and isnt gps speed....

3) stick with Traxxas. Add the telemetry extender, gps module and sensors and run the servo on stock voltage, or a Castle 20a external BEC....

Decisions decisions...

Dont waste your cash on the Abisma far to any reports of them crapping out. 

Futaba have a  very good reputation if I where in the market I'd go for the 4PLS out of your choices

5 minutes ago, Guns said:

Thats off the menu then. I like the idea of GPS Speed to my phone though, which i wont get from the 4PLs?

I have a gps honestly there a novelty it soon where's off, I use mine maybe 10-20 times a year and you can always get one of those Sky RC ones of eBay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262612049784

you can get them cheaper if you shop around a bit :) 

17 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I have a gps honestly there a novelty it soon where's off, I use mine maybe 10-20 times a year and you can always get one of those Sky RC ones of eBay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262612049784

you can get them cheaper if you shop around a bit :) 

I suppose, i have an Android phone ive been using spose I can carry on with that.

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Decisions decisions...

Have you seen the hitec lynx 4s.  or graupner x8n ?  both decent radios, the lynx is superior but the x8n is excellent value.

10 hours ago, Deafty said:

Have you seen the hitec lynx 4s.  or graupner x8n ?  both decent radios, the lynx is superior but the x8n is excellent value.

The Lynx is fugly, and the Graupner wont accept more than 6.0 AND Tower cant ship out of the US.

thanks though

5 minutes ago, Deafty said:

You can buy from Germany at great prices at the moment but your call,. if u change your mind on the Lynx, I can send you a link for 150 euro plus shipping (no import charges)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXESUW&P=ML

that one for €150?

it SOO ugly though?

1 hour ago, Guns said:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXESUW&P=ML

that one for €150?

it SOO ugly though?

I always fancied the Sanwa MT4. The rx461 takes a 2s voltage but for what I'd use it for it would've been a waste.

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/airtronics-mt-4-pistol-grip-radio-2-4g-w-telemetry.html

Just ordered a couple of stock ring gears from Tower - MS want £13 posted for one, Tower I got 2 for £12 posted....the cheek of it! :lol:

Just to add, I haven't had any problems with my diffs but it looks as though i've chipped the rear ring after a hard landing on the rear bumper - must've flexed the diff casing! :o

@mydoddy69 didn't you bake yours? Care to share the secrets of your sorcery? :D

Edited by James1986

33 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

I always fancied the Sanwa MT4. The rx461 takes a 2s voltage but for what I'd use it for it would've been a waste.

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/airtronics-mt-4-pistol-grip-radio-2-4g-w-telemetry.html

Ive looked at the MT44, but cant work out the telemetry if it does anything at all?

This is the SBEC I use - works perfectly - wide input voltage range. Solved all problems I had.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-yep-20a-hv-2-12s-sbec-w-selectable-voltage-output.html

I'll probably never jump mine, but built it from parts and specifically used alloy diff cases and covers to ensure limited flexing here - might cover 'the eventuality' if it ever happens.

Al.

1 hour ago, James1986 said:

Just ordered a couple of stock ring gears from Tower - MS want £13 posted for one, Tower I got 2 for £12 posted....the cheek of it! :lol:

Just to add, I haven't had any problems with my diffs but it looks as though i've chipped the rear ring after a hard landing on the rear bumper - must've flexed the diff casing! :o

@mydoddy69 didn't you bake yours? Care to share the secrets of your sorcery? :D

Its no big secret heat them up dung in oil repeat bake in oven for an hour leave to cool .. it doesnt stop them breaking sadly but it did improve the time it took to break them ;) its about all you can do with the stock ones 

Since  i swapped to those rock passions ive had zero trouble  you can get them for like $35 now on that chinese site i linked a few pages back ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

This is the SBEC I use - works perfectly - wide input voltage range. Solved all problems I had.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-yep-20a-hv-2-12s-sbec-w-selectable-voltage-output.html

I'll probably never jump mine, but built it from parts and specifically used alloy diff cases and covers to ensure limited flexing here - might cover 'the eventuality' if it ever happens.

Al.

How do you programme that bec?

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Its no big secret heat them up dung in oil repeat bake in oven for an hour leave to cool .. it doesnt stop them breaking sadly but it did improve the time it took to break them ;) its about all you can do with the stock ones 

Since  i swapped to those rock passions ive had zero trouble  you can get them for like $35 now on that chinese site i linked a few pages back ;) 

Can't find link but that's a bargain at that price.