• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

One more battery to solder then I'll take it for a run. Working at 12 hour shift at 6 so not stripping anything down today. 

Sadly at my go pro is at the unit so I'll try get a video with my phone

It's been raining here... Just got back from work ... Trying to breathe some life into my lipo's ... Might get a quick run in b4 it gets dark if they charge okay... Think I may have to cycle them a few more times tho. We'll c

Edited by Ocdcbr

I know! Stupiddddd not charging my lipo's b4 yesterday... I think I was ready for it not to arrive tho after all the delays... Now it's here I'm not ready 4 it! 

My 3s is currently reading 3.96/4.13/4.20... Ffs:helpsmilie: 

• Like 1

Just took mine out up and down a local lane, it's great fun faster than I was expecting. Over some jumps and decent terrain it will be a blast. The way the suspension works is brilliant even on a Tarmac road u can see it work, there's loads of travel and roll. I wouldn't like to take it over 50mph tbh it's sketchy enough as it is. Although I do think some sway bars would settle it down abit. I think I will be going for a 50t spur gear soon, I'll just have to keep an eye on the temps. Today motor temps didn't go above 100f after 20mins up and down the lane. The first 5mins I had loads of punch but the packs soon lost that and after 25minutes or so it would struggle to wheelie on the grass. 

A short vid is uploading but it could take a while lol. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NG15 said:

Just took mine out up and down a local lane, it's great fun faster than I was expecting. Over some jumps and decent terrain it will be a blast. The way the suspension works is brilliant even on a Tarmac road u can see it work, there's loads of travel and roll. I wouldn't like to take it over 50mph tbh it's sketchy enough as it is. Although I do think some sway bars would settle it down abit. I think I will be going for a 50t spur gear soon, I'll just have to keep an eye on the temps. Today motor temps didn't go above 100f after 20mins up and down the lane. The first 5mins I had loads of punch but the packs soon lost that and after 25minutes or so it would struggle to wheelie on the grass. 

A short vid is uploading but it could take a while lol. 

Awesome.  Wouldn't mind gibing my Mte a run alongside your X if your as close as your username suggests?  I'm just the other side of J27.

• Like 1

Just a couple of picture I took while I had the esc out soldering on the deans. One thing I didn't meant ion before was the brakes ! My goodness there strong, way too strong literally push the trigger a couple of mil and it instantly front flips. The body won't last two minutes and is already badly scuffed. On one roll the body actually came off (braked slightly while flat out and barrel rolled into a tree.) I've just ordered a Bluetooth model so I can adjust the brakes and other bits. It can take quite a beating though, I hit my trucks tyre about 25mph with the left front wheel and it didn't do any damage what so ever.

This first picture is the core of the "fuseable link" it's literally just some thin gauge wire. About half the size of the 10 gauge esc wires. They even put black heat shrink wrap over it to cover the markings on the wire (marking all wires have) to make it look like something special. Shoddy work from traxxas tbh. Glad I'm planning on upgrading the esc.

85771A0A-1238-46F8-A95E-D2A6BDBC5872_zps

E5A84A16-D250-478C-8244-C19A6CE55C7A_zps

7BF6FB13-66F6-4188-993B-1CE36AE6EC8B_zps

2A96121D-227D-4E3A-B26C-EB84BF259010_zps

46225B8C-ACC4-4037-9200-C7C6AF2F9161_zps

Ready to bash.....

835A4C36-6F31-48BD-9662-FE70A8CF9EBA_zps

Edited by NG15

Thanks guys, Ill have a go tomorrow. 

Im also still getting a small amount of oil coming out of my shocks, i have only put 2 full packs through it so I'm hoping this goes away also, maybe its just where they was over filled ? 

Anyone had the same ? 

Guys what batteries are you all using ??? 

I am very surprised with the run times so car, i have 2 sets of new lipos for the X MAXX : 

5000mAh Traxxas ID 3S 25C : around 30 mins run time. 

6400mAh HobbyKing 3S 40 - 80 C : around 1 Hour until 3.2V  

I live on a hill so those run times are pretty much full throttle up and down the hill constant 

To be honest i am very impressed with the hobby king packs, it feels like more power and they where only £32 each half the price of the Traxxas batteries. 

If your interested in the hobby king batteries, here is the link : 

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F34880%5F%5FTurnigy%5Fnano%5Ftech%5F6400mah%5F3S%5F40%5F80C%5FLipo%5FPack%5FStampede%5FRustler%5FBandit%5Fcompatible%5***%5FWarehouse%5F.html

I really have to say I'm very impressed with these batteries and if you want a good set then its worth giving these a try. 

Edited by bjbear123
  • Like 1

Not run mine yet, so no oil leakage.

I hope to run it tomorrow but it's my sons paint balling birthday party from 9.30am so it depends on timing... And the mrs allowing it! :huh:

ive done an un-boxing... Which I'll upload... More as I like doing vids rather than anything as I know u guys just want running vids. 

My 5500's fit like a glove with the batt tray extra pieces attached. Very good way of securing batteries. Big trays too of course! I've heard others r impressed with the runtime too Bj

I I had it running off the ground to check I'd installed my caste blower fan right. 

I know it's sacrilege to put a fan on the motor... According to some of u... But I bought it so I'm gonna use it! I've not mod it at all, just squeezed it between the top chassis rails and put on 1 cable tie. Fits just about ( actually bends the rails out a tiny bit) it's very neat tho and the cable runs nicely along the rail to the receiver. Job done. Gives a a nice cool breeze too which can only help. 

U taken any temp readings guys??

i will def be doing so myself!

i checked the gear mesh which if anything feels a touch looser than i'd normally set mine , but seems fine. 

I got got to say again the size of this thing up close is quite a sight. Having seen a fair few vids of this bashing and getting quite big air I'm more impressed now I've seen it in the flesh for sure. To take that kind of bashing considering its size and weight is impressive! 

It it is very plastic fantastic mind! 

Edited by Ocdcbr

5 minutes ago, Ocdcbr said:

Not run mine yet, so no oil leakage.

I hope to run it tomorrow but it's my sons paint balling birthday party from 9.30am so it depends on timing... And the mrs allowing it! :huh:

ive done an un-boxing... Which I'll upload... More as I like doing vids rather than anything as I know u guys just want running vids. 

My 5500's fit like a glove with the batt tray extra pieces attached. Very good way of securing batteries. Big trays too of course! I've heard others r impressed with the runtime too Bj

I I had it running off the ground to check I'd installed my caste blower fan right. 

I know it's sacrilege to put a fan on the motor... According to some of u... But I bought it so I'm gonna use it! I've not mod it at all, just squeezed it between the top chassis rails and put on 1 cable tie. Fits just about ( actually bends the rails out a tiny bit) it's very neat tho and the cable runs nicely along the rail to the receiver. Job done. Gives a a nice cool breeze too which can only help. 

U taken any temp readings guys??

i will def be doing so myself!

i checked the gear mesh which if anything feels a touch looser than i'd normally set mine , but seems fine. 

I got got to say again the size of this thing up close is quite a sight. Having seen a fair few vids of this bashing and getting quite big air I'm more impressed now I've seen it in the flesh for sure. To take that kind of bashing considering its size and weight is impressive! 

It it is very plastic fantastic mind! 

I did motor reedings today, 

I ran a whole set of 6400 mAh through it which took nearly an hour, it was cold outside which might be why the motor was quite cool but i couldn't make it touch 80 C it was hovering 78 - 79

Had my motor up to around 95F after 25mins of speed runs. 

As as for battery's my 8000mah went down to 3.9 after half hour run time so I should get over an hour although they were a lot less punchy at 3.9v that 4v+

Edited by NG15

Here's a quick vid lads, had ran for around 15 minutes before i got the camera out and the packs had lost their initial punch but still very happy with the performance. A 50t spur will be perfect in my opinion.

Excuse the driving I was filming with one hand driving with the other. I'll get the GoPro out for the next runs. 

• Like 2

well u did a dam fine job considering u were driving w 1 hand and filming with the other!... looks like fun for sure! Nice1!:good:

a few more picks of mine...

IMG_4660_zps0jkoxb4y.jpg

IMG_4658_zps2ac1aooe.jpg

IMG_4653_zps3yjt4ffr.jpg

Edited by Ocdcbr

• .AJ. pinned this topic