• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

22 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

AliExpress are supplying them but not making them. DXF batteries are pretty good, better than my Amazon's ones.

If they are genuine DXF - sure! But i had experience with counterfeit parts/items, so be careful! One thing is buying some passive parts that in worst case scenario will just brake and the other thing is buying active parts (batteries, chargers, ESC etc.) that can not only brake, but destroy other expensive parts.

On 30/04/2022 at 11:03, Tadas said:

If they are genuine DXF - sure! But i had experience with counterfeit parts/items, so be careful! One thing is buying some passive parts that in worst case scenario will just brake and the other thing is buying active parts (batteries, chargers, ESC etc.) that can not only brake, but destroy other expensive parts.

True, can also buy them direct and cheaper.

https://dxf-hobby.store/products/dxf-4s-lipo-battery-14-8v-10000mah-100c-200c-deans-t-xt90-ec5-xt90-for-rc-1-8-1-10-car-truck-tank-rc-models-xxmax-8s-arrama-8s

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When I upgraded ESC to Max6 tho run time increased a lot, but I no longer have "low bat" indication in traxxas app nor in decreased truck speed - it goes from full power to "carry me" in 10s 😄 Im thinking solving this by buying small battery just to drive the truck to and from the track (~500m). I know it would run on a single 2S, but what about NiMH? Max 6 instruction says it can run NiMH 9-24S. But I need some clarification for 9-24S? Would this do the trick (pic below)? Do you guys have this prob? How do you solve it? 

image.thumb.png.25578cf93b62b7c88a28296ac4b96111.png   

The Max 6 needs a minimum of a 3S Lipo, or a 9 cell nimh (the one you linked is 6 cell) and such a small mah youd get seconds of run time anyway. 

Youd also need to take a plug to switch it to single plug, and change out of lipo setting to NIMH. 

I get round this problem by carrying the truck back lol?

Just bash sensibly, time your runs and start heading “home” when youre 75% ish through

Edited by Kpowell911

32 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

The Max 6 needs a minimum of a 3S Lipo, or a 9 cell nimh (the one you linked is 6 cell) and such a small mah youd get seconds of run time anyway. 

Youd also need to take a plug to switch it to single plug, and change out of lipo setting to NIMH. 

I get round this problem by carrying the truck back lol?

Just bash sensibly, time your runs and start heading “home” when youre 75% ish through

is there a way to transmit bat lvl from Max 6 similar like traxxas ESC? Dang, was hoping ESC would automatically detect what batteries are plugged in.... Was hopping to bypass another lipo - one less hazard to think about...

Normally lipos regain a little voltage if leave them to sit after being used. Say you have 2 sets of batteries, when the 2nd goes flat put the 1st flat ones back and they should have enough power left for walking speed back to your car. You could also fit a battery alarm and set it higher than the ESC cutoff.

8 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

Normally lipos regain a little voltage if leave them to sit after being used. Say you have 2 sets of batteries, when the 2nd goes flat put the 1st flat ones back and they should have enough power left for walking speed back to your car. You could also fit a battery alarm and set it higher than the ESC cutoff.

tell me more please 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2022 at 12:57, Kpowell911 said:

Its going to be a while till its fitted as Im waiting on parts, but on paper its just under double the power and just under twice as quick as the upgraded Traxxas Servo.

Oh and half the price

Hey, have you tested it? Im about to buy 2085x - or should i go with different?

7 minutes ago, Tadas said:

How and why did this happened?!!

Heavy wheels, too much power, loose wheel nut  and a driver not paying attention is probably a good starting point 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Heavy wheels, too much power, loose wheel nut  and a driver not paying attention is probably a good starting point 

Ok lets analyze this:

Heavy wheels? Tho they are one of the heaviest in the market, but majority of "light" ones are 30-50g lighter - so i would guess many of you (ones not using Traxxas original wheels) had this problem? How did you solved it?

Too much power? Should i gear up (currently stock gearing) so i would trade torque for speed to avoid this problem in the future?

Loose wheel nut? Tho sometimes they do come loose - still working on solution (atm just using locktite) - how do you deal with nut loosening? But this wheel i had hard time unscrewing - it was super tight.

Driver not paying attention? To what?

P.S. Turn off this passive agro mode or just off if you have nothing helpful to say. Cheers!

Edited by .AJ.
Implied swearing removed
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tadas said:

Ok lets analyze this:

Heavy wheels? Tho they are one of the heaviest in the market, but majority of "light" ones are 30-50g lighter - so i would guess many of you (ones not using Traxxas original wheels) had this problem? How did you solved it?

Too much power? Should i gear up (currently stock gearing) so i would trade torque for speed to avoid this problem in the future?

Loose wheel nut? Tho sometimes they do come loose - still working on solution (atm just using locktite) - how do you deal with nut loosening? But this wheel i had hard time unscrewing - it was super tight.

Driver not paying attention? To what?

P.S. Turn off this passive agro mode or just f off if you have nothing helpful to say. Cheers!

You asked how and why not for a solution ! I gave you plausible answers as to how and why if you don’t like the answers that’s cool but then don’t ask the questions ! 

You gave no insight as to what happened for this to happen or a period of time etc so what did you expect folks to say ? 

The only one being a jerk is you my friend and I don’t have the time for rude fools 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

You asked how and why not for a solution ! I gave you plausible answers as to how and why if you don’t like the answers that’s cool but then don’t ask the questions ! 

You gave no insight as to what happened for this to happen or a period of time etc so what did you expect folks to say ? 

The only one being a jerk is you my friend and I don’t have the time for rude fools 

And you have my analyzed questions, but you still hovering over wrong topic. So ill repeat myself - if you have nothing smart/useful to say - carry on.  

Was the wheel definitely seated correctly when you last fitted it? I can't see any reason for this to happen, even with heavier boots. Only reason I can think of is a loose nut or misaligned hex that was mashed on with force. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

Was the wheel definitely seated correctly when you last fitted it? I can't see any reason for this to happen, even with heavier boots. Only reason I can think of is a loose nut or misaligned hex that was mashed on with force. 

Good question... Tho i don't think it is possible to screw the bolt if the wheel is not seated - almost no threads showing... Ill try gearing up and replacing  7756 with 7756X. Also, would washer help with nut loosening? Using loctite every time I put on wheels is ridiculous... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2022 at 16:37, Tug said:

Threadlock is standard practice, but stick to blue, not red as that's very strong. 

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious. 

I think this solves the loosening issue 🙂 

20220610_192633.thumb.jpg.6d1361abc261272628184723b37d4842.jpg

And a comparison of damaged vs new/upgraded hubs. 

20220609_183526.thumb.jpg.5023d53f7945c6c2124d21ee8fd12b1a.jpg