• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, James.S said:

Has anyone else seen the CBR1100R kits that they're now offering for the Honda Groms? I think they look kinda cool 

1772998491_cbr1100rkitforhondagrom.png.8d00c2335052d25134f2a9f1862d5f40.png

They are pretty cool 😎👍

I've seen the HRC colour scheme but not those.

• Like 1

@steephill

I've always really liked the HRC livery as well. So much so that I have a plan to one day get my Hornet painted in that colour scheme.

799731716_hondahornet900(2).png.f6f449d0917472d11d1a68c7febcdeff.png

So mine is an older model, a 2003 Hornet 900, but I think it would look very nice with a paintjob/graphics kit like the bike below (a much more modern Hornet but similar shape)

13344967_hondacb1000hrc.jpg.d5536d4bdff840300107e1adac1b5451.jpg

Interested to know what you guys think?

Edited by James.S
  • Like 1

@James.S Nice bike mate👍

I reckon that would look good mate 👍

I like the HRC paint schemes. They look subtle. Some of the race replica stuff looks too much for me. 

Nice bikes Honda hornets. More than enough power for the roads and comfortable. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steephill said:

@James.S Nice bike mate👍

I reckon that would look good mate 👍

I like the HRC paint schemes. They look subtle. Some of the race replica stuff looks too much for me. 

Nice bikes Honda hornets. More than enough power for the roads and comfortable. 

Thank you mate  :good:

I am very tempted... I'll look in to how much it might cost as we enter the spring/summer season. 

Yes, they are indeed 😄 . In my eyes they're one of the best choices as a road bike. Plenty of comfort due to the 'sit up & beg' riding position along with the wide bars. Plenty of horses & torque from the 1997 Fireblade 919cc engine, enough to pull power wheelies in 3rd. But also sedate enough to pootle around town and not be in any sort of discomfort. Lastly, it's a Honda, so you never have to be concerned for reliability. Mine has 51,000 miles on her now, and mechanically she's still perfect 😁 The only thing it's not great at is long motorway journeys. But it does help to build very strong neck muscles 😛

What do you ride mate?

Edited by James.S

On the subject of Honda..

went to a customers house last year & saw this tucked away in the garage, flat tyres, no mot, all dusty, turned out it was her late husbands & one day she’d sell it. A deal was done, fresh fuel, my Gts battery was swiped & took my 6-1 compressor & hey ho! I’m a proud owner of a DCT NC750x 2017!

AE26D925-F65E-4E55-B7E9-9BAFE1E8BD89.thumb.jpeg.a525790dd5fb0ac7e4d9e3eff31a845b.jpeg

• Like 2

@Bigjimknickers There you go mate 👍 

921173469_hondanc750.thumb.jpeg.e81d3e83d2a55b8fa49f11bba27bbeeb.jpeg

Nice bikes those. My grandfather had one for a while and he said it was amazing for long journeys. No achy arms/legs or sore bums! Great wind protection too

• Like 1

I’ll be honest, I like the looks, love the colour, but it’s a commuter bike & not really for me, I’m looking at trading it in in the spring I just don’t know what for.

possibly a Tracer 900 or an MT-07 I’ve heard  they are nuts!

nothing is really catching my eye at the mo.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeh lol

I used to have a Honda CJ250T a twin cylinder but would love to get my hands on a Honda 550 F1 a 4 cylinder engine or a 400 Four lol but the mrs would prob kill me  :rofl:

Edited by Stormbringer
  • Haha 1