• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

Not sure there is a thread for us wonderful bikers.

Anyway, what bikes have you had? you currently and what you want next etc....

For me, I have had a 2011 GSXR600, now I have a 2005 VFR 800 Vtec Full Tourting Spec and next I want a BMW R1200GS Adventure..

So whether you are rolling round on a CBT with a scooter, 125 or a Full Access with a Panigale, post up! :)

Edited by HYPER-BOY

Have .... CB900 Hornet. Very happy with the old beast and no plans to change :)

Had....quite a few over the years. Lets see if I can remeber most of them...

Kawasaki AR50

Honda CB125T2

KH250

GT250X7

Z400J

RD400E

S3 400

GSX400F

Z550

Gpz550

Yamaha MT03

Z650 ( fitted Gpz750 motor )

Harley WLC '45

Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III

Suzuki SV1000

Gpz1100 B2

Gpz1100A1

XS1100S

GSX1100 Katana

Only thing missing from the list is a Ducati .... but I ride all year round, don't have a garage, and actually use my bike as daily transport :) Maybe one day a 998 will creep into the picture. Nearly bought a BMW R1100S, but there came a point around 10 years back when BMW decided thick paint wasn't needed....followed by fitting poor bearings to the rear main drive. The older BMs are much better!

Have .... CB900 Hornet. Very happy with the old beast and no plans to change :)

Had....quite a few over the years. Lets see if I can remeber most of them...

Kawasaki AR50

Honda CB125T2

KH250

GT250X7

Z400J

RD400E

S3 400

GSX400F

Z550

Gpz550

Yamaha MT03

Z650 ( fitted Gpz750 motor )

Harley WLC '45

Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III

Suzuki SV1000

Gpz1100 B2

Gpz1100A1

XS1100S

GSX1100 Katana

Only thing missing from the list is a Ducati .... but I ride all year round, don't have a garage, and actually use my bike as daily transport :) Maybe one day a 998 will creep into the picture. Nearly bought a BMW R1100S, but there came a point around 10 years back when BMW decided thick paint wasn't needed....followed by fitting poor bearings to the rear main drive. The older BMs are much better!

Wow that's some list!  Love the GPZ's, especially the A1 look..  That Harley as well  :thumbsup:

I heard that about the rear bearings, think I will need to have a good old test ride..

• Like 1

I am not yet a fully fledged 1:1 biker but I am trying..... after years of wanting my bike licence but always prioritising other stuff over it I have decided to just get it done so my CBT is booked for Sunday.

I am however after a little advice from real life bikers out there....should I buy a 125 and get a year or so experience with my CBT or should I do a few hours lessons and get straight on with modules 1 and 2?

I've not got one lately but I've had:

50cc malaguti

YZ80cc

RM250

FZ50

Loads of Fs1Es

Suzuki AP50 converted to 100cc engine. (At 16 thus was the dogs, 70mph with my Allspeed pipe).

3x DT125s

3x Tzr 125s

RGV 250M

Kawasaki Zx6r

Kawasaki Zx9r

Triumph Daytona

Triumph street triple

Suzuki gsxr 750Y

Suzuki gsxr 1000K5

My last one was the street triple, sold it a few years ago, not had one since.

Every tine I buy a new RC & my wife moans I just ask her if I should return to biking...

Keeps her quiet a while.

• Like 2

I am not yet a fully fledged 1:1 biker but I am trying..... after years of wanting my bike licence but always prioritising other stuff over it I have decided to just get it done so my CBT is booked for Sunday.

I am however after a little advice from real life bikers out there....should I buy a 125 and get a year or so experience with my CBT or should I do a few hours lessons and get straight on with modules 1 and 2?

How much experience do you have with bikes? Any off road? I mean I started when I was about 6 years old on my old malaguti thing my dad found, helped me no end when I did my cbt as I could already control the bike easily.

• Like 1

How much experience do you have with bikes? Any off road? I mean I started when I was about 6 years old on my old malaguti thing my dad found, helped me no end when I did my cbt as I could already control the bike easily.

I rode them when I was a nipper but never since....I do cycle relatively regular so balance I should be OK.....other than that, nothing.

I think it depends on you, if you have good experience of bikes then you could look at going to full access, if not the going on a 125cc will be just as good.  You would hate a bike that's too much for you, but appreciate it if you work up to it.

Myself, I was on MotoXers from aged 10 and had quite a few so was ok with bikes.  I started on a 2011 GSXR600 and was ok on it, was a little cramped but could handle it fine.  Now I have a VFR800 and it's much better.

My brother did the 125cc > 600cc > 1000cc route and now has a ZZR1400.

I would suggest doing your CBT and then getting used to the bike, the feel of the clutch, the brakes etc. Then start doing the modules. The better you are at controlling the machine..especially at slow speed....the more confident you will be on the bike and the more time your brain will spend thinking about roads, other traffic and whats going on around you rather than worrying about clutch, gears and speeds.

BJM will have learnt that control offroad....as well as getting a feel for grip and the feel of what's under the tyres. It won't come immediately...

Direct access stuff frankly scares me .... as it allows people to move on to bikes with too much power too quickly whether they have the sense to cope or not.

• Like 2

I've always loved the Cagiva Elefant.

My list goes;

Little Omer 2 stroke when I was about 6 that my grandfather bought me.(about the size of a minimoto, maybe a little bigger). No picture of it :(

Yamaha CW50T B-Wizz to mess about with on our grounds when I was 14. I had a part time job during school holidays to help pay for it along with bday/xmas present money.

YamahaBiwizzCW50Tsm_zps44b269cc.jpg

A couple of my friends were getting into bikes at this time, so seeing as we had about 2 acres of land and weren't yet old enough to ride, they used to come around mine to mess about with bikes, one had a Honda 70 trike he kept at mine. We bought a Tomos 50cc moped for about

• Like 3

Back to DAS, well back in 1995 odd I did my bike test, as we all did the training a fella in my group fell off his bike in front of me, he was dangerous, utterly useless on a bike, he had just passed his cbt & was now going for his full licence.

Well, it was a joke. He passed, I failed, he could've gone out & bought a zzr1100 I went back to my TZR! Lol

I still think it was overconfidence & the fact I had a race rep bike, I should've used a hire bike.

Well I passed my CBT yesterday and TBH I found it harder than I expected too....once we were out on the road however and I was leading it all slotted into place and it felt much better.

I think I will be on the lookout now for a 125 and try get a year experience or so before I go for my direct access.

• Like 1

Well I passed my CBT yesterday and TBH I found it harder than I expected too....once we were out on the road however and I was leading it all slotted into place and it felt much better.

I think I will be on the lookout now for a 125 and try get a year experience or so before I go for my direct access.

Well done mate.  I found the CBT harder than it should be due to the bike itself tbh.  Too thin and too cheaply made, not very balanced.

As soon as I passed that and got on the bigger bike (Yamaha XJ600 Diversion) it was easier to handle and alot better balanced.

Well done mate.  I found the CBT harder than it should be due to the bike itself tbh.  Too thin and too cheaply made, not very balanced.

As soon as I passed that and got on the bigger bike (Yamaha XJ600 Diversion) it was easier to handle and alot better balanced.

Did you ride the XJ600 restricted or was that once you did your DAS?