• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

It's great to see that there are other bikers on here (although I don't currently own a bike I still consider myself a biker)

Over ~8 years I've owned

1987 Yamaha TZR 125

1999 Honda CBR 600F

1997 Kawasaki ZX6R

1993 Honda Fireblade (Urban Tiger)

1998 Suzuki GSXR 750

1997 Kawasaki ZX7R

1994 Kawasaki ZXR 400

2003 Suzuki SV650

2006 Suzuki GSXR 750

I'm sure there are others that I've missed.

I reluctantly sold my K6 2 years ago now, when my first son was born. Money was tight and we couldn't afford to run 2 vehicles :( I've regretted it ever since but needs must and I'll get back on a bike someday :)

Anyway, here are some pics of a few of my bikes, and some of my favourite riding shots -

Urban Tiger FirebladeFB_IMG_1446853017558_zpsaqs3icam.jpg

I owned both the ZXR 400 and the CBR 600F in this picFB_IMG_1446853036074_zpsihw21hkv.jpg

ZX7RFB_IMG_1446853041540_zpsrw6mi2ah.jpg

And my GSXR 750 K6FB_IMG_1446853000224_zpsu7m1g4xq.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah it was mint, I loved that bike. I took it to a garage for a service and they failed to fit the sump plug securely. It worked it's way loose on the ride home and eventually dropped out spilling oil all over the road and the rear wheel, needless to say it didn't end well!

Not good. ....I'd of went nucking futs with them. ....what a bunch of idiots. ...All the more reason  to it uself. ..at least u know It's done right and if anything goes wrong. . well. .u only got uself to blame. ... ..I do all my bikes. ..don't  trust  any shops/garages etc . ....plus I know  a few  good  mechanics if I get stuck 

Edited by evssv

There was a guy on gsxr.com who hit over 100k on his K6 750. The time came to sell it and he soon realised it wasn't worth anything :D He even offered to sell it to Suzuki to show what their engines can do but they refused because he'd done all his own servicing.

yeah I read that...he was a courier..like me...this is my `04 dl 1000 v strom....jus clocked through it on Wednesday.......I got it on 21000....so yeah I know this bike....very well!!..lol!!...I do all my own stuff....hopeing for 175000 nx......then the big 200000.......

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

lol...will do....if my boss can keep his business going...I reckon by this time nx year I should b near 175000 hopefully....we`re not as busy as we used to b though......would do a easy 1000-1500+ miles a wk....sum times more......now 600-700+ maybe....if that...depends

Edited by evssv

20 minutes ago, HYPER-BOY said:

Looks like I will have to sell my bike in the Spring.. Gutted, but got a little one on the way and have 2 cars and a motorbike lol.. Don't think I will use it much :(

That's what finally pushed me to sell mine. It was the right decision at the time but I'm missing it big time now! Another year or two and I'll be back in the saddle :)

59 minutes ago, evssv said:

On what? ?

It's a long way off yet, so it's hard to say. I've only ever had an eye for sports bikes but lately the Kawasaki Z1000 has been drawing me in. I don't think I could move away from full fairing though :D If I could have any bike right now it would be a BMW S1000 but realistically I'll probably end up back on another GSXR 750.... I loved that bike! I'm 6'5" so whatever I go for will have to be "roomy" lol

1 hour ago, evssv said:
2 minutes ago, evssv said:

Gsxr  750?...roomy!!...:huh:. lol!!...the last roomy gsxr was the k3-4 models. ... after that  they  started to shrink....I'm  6'2  . ...my k3 thou was a sweet fit. ..  

The K3-K4 was also the best looking model imo.

My K6 750 wasn't too bad, I rode a K8 1000 which was a better fit but I'd like to do the odd trackday and the 750 felt right at home on the track. When you compare it to, say, an RSV4 it's complete luxury lol.

I took a KTM RC8 out for  a spin a while back and it really took me by surprise how spacious it is. It looks tiny but I could stretch right out. Although I'd never ridden a bike that felt like it wanted to kill me before the RC8 haha.

My mate  took a rc8 out from fowlers a while  bak.....he'd never  ridden a v twin before. .. ..he didn't  like it. .he was always  gsxr fanboy....i had  quik go and loved it. . But i  own 2 twins so know how to ride one. ....And its not how u   ride a  il4. ....  .them brembo mono blocks almost  put me over the bars at the first  roundabout . .lol!!.....was very nice. .but not for  £11000 ...Here's me boy sat on it. . akross015.jpg.....sure it was in '07. Or '08....

Edited by evssv

He already is :rolleyes:..hes 11 now. .....she says  no way! !!....he rides his mates  kx and thumper around  the field so he tells me.....i told him he better have a helmet on or else :ack:.....I'd get him one  no probs......hes been bought  up around  bikes from day one pretty much  ...here he is  trying to peel  off me mates  tank pad by look of it. .lol!! r1008.jpg

Edited by evssv

You're right to wait, you'll get a fraction of what it's worth this time of year. I've sold several bikes through eBay,  just factor in what you'll lose in fees. You could always list it as a private sale, that way you only pay a listing fee, no final sale or paypal fees to worry about.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sitting my CBT again and grabbing a little screamer scooter. decided its either a Pug speedfight or a yam aerox but the 50cc versions.

then its a year long build up, malossi 70ccm bore kit, S6RT variator + race clutch , 21mm carb upgrade and rejetting to 85 -95 jets - Naraku race CDI unit - technigas race pipe kit,
a very decent set of rubber boots and a lanyarded killswitch unit. going to keep the bike original as in body working, a sort of sleeper scooter , i always had a passion for stage 6 tuned race scooters so have decided to make a road legal version making sure it sits just under the 14.5BPH requirement or 11kw what ever comes first.

will keep me on my toes and should last me a good long while, im not as young and stupid now being middle aged more knackered than a lame horse

On 3/2/2016 at 18:40, Tamiyacowboy said:

Sitting my CBT again and grabbing a little screamer scooter. decided its either a Pug speedfight or a yam aerox but the 50cc versions.

then its a year long build up, malossi 70ccm bore kit, S6RT variator + race clutch , 21mm carb upgrade and rejetting to 85 -95 jets - Naraku race CDI unit - technigas race pipe kit,
a very decent set of rubber boots and a lanyarded killswitch unit. going to keep the bike original as in body working, a sort of sleeper scooter , i always had a passion for stage 6 tuned race scooters so have decided to make a road legal version making sure it sits just under the 14.5BPH requirement or 11kw what ever comes first.

will keep me on my toes and should last me a good long while, im not as young and stupid now being middle aged more knackered than a lame horse

Sounds like a good plan Tam! - The youth around here love their Pugs, personally for me I'd go for the Yam..