• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

I like the ktm adventure......stunning bike but I`m not sure there up for my courier work as there notorious for being unreliable......how u getting on with urs??

Not had a problem with my KTM so far, but I do maintenance at all my bikes a lot. A jap will always be better and always will for a courier.

Lovely!

B1H?

Always had my eye on one of them, best 600 ever! Newer ones are no where as good as that model so it looks like you've done your research!

Thanks mate, yes its a B1H. I have done a fair bit or research in the past 2 months once I found out I wanted a 636. Spent ages trawling the net to find a mint one, without a ridiculous price

Edited by cyronn

I`ve put sum miles on me work bikes....first work bike was the xtz750.....swapped that with 98000kms on it for my 1st mk1 b12..the black one...that had 32000 odds on it....I then sold that with 99000 odd miles on it to a dodggy polish dude....lol....got the v strom with 21000 odds...it now has 147000 on it...the xjr had 36000 odds on it...swapped that with 48000 ......thunder ace 29000...sold with 34000....and my bird...jus went through 87000....these r all the ones I had/have used for courering in the last 11-12 years...since i`ve had me licence....but been riding since iwas 14... :whistling:.

Edited by evssv

Thanks mate, yes its a B1H. I have done a fair bit or research in the passesd 2 months once I found out I wanted a 636. Spent ages trawling the net to find a mint one, without a ridiculous price

I notice they vary in price quite a lot. Haven't seen many of the green and gold though, I think it looks the part.

Not had a problem with my KTM so far, but I do maintenance at all my bikes a lot. A jap will always be better and always will for a courier.

I do all me own servicing aswell.....or the mechanic in work helps me if need b....I don't trust any garages tbh with my bikes.....atleast I know its been done properly......

I notice they vary in price quite a lot. Haven't seen many of the green and gold though, I think it looks the part.

They do vary a bit but to find a decent low mileage one u looking over 3k easy. And for the even more rare B2H model its nearly 4K or over but I only found 2 silver ones which I didn't want. I could of bought a few blue B1H ones but didn't want a blue one or black. Wanted a green one like if u buy a KTM has be orange.

• Like 1

I do all my servicing as well, I keep all receipts on what I have done, this way I can be sure it's been done.  My brother took his ZZR1400 to Kawasaki for a service and his gear selector stopped working some miles after, the issue was diagnosed by a different garage as the oil was too old.

They never changed the oil on a service....  Once changed all worked fine again.

I do all my servicing as well, I keep all receipts on what I have done, this way I can be sure it's been done. My brother took his ZZR1400 to Kawasaki for a service and his gear selector stopped working some miles after, the issue was diagnosed by a different garage as the oil was too old.

They never changed the oil on a service.... Once changed all worked fine again.

exactly y i won't trust a garage /dealership ....robbing half a job !@#$@!#!! imo....not all of them. ..but a good few..chk my list out what u've replaced on v strom since I've had it... Edited by evssv

Same here, do all my own maintenance, I keep receipts, take photos and have an ongoing thread on the relevant forum so when I come to sell I can link the ad to the thread and prosepective buyer can see the full audit trail of everything that has been done. I also have the full workshop manual for pretty much every vehicle I've ever owned!

Some nice tidy bikes there, Happy Birthday, nice present to self, gotta love the Kawasaki green!! I've always fancied a ZXR750 J1>, just put off by parts availability now.

That's comprehensive if not a bit messy lol !!

You any good on Excel?

yeah I only need to look at it....I can understand it...I can't see like I'm gonna sell it with almost 150000 miles on it. .lol!!I do me taxes on xl I thk. ..that bit of paper is over 11 years old. .I got the blackbird and svs and me 2nd b1200 on there also...plus a few of me bikes I've sold on... ...

Thanks NITO, I put the mileage on the receipts when I replace the part.

I keep all me bike related receipts for me tax. ... Edited by evssv
  • Like 1