• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

Thanks, you simply won't find a nicer bunch of owners, camping trips the lot, you'll find anything and everything you need to know about the Caponord here...

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-ETV1000-CapoNord-(2001-2007)

It's a fantastic bike. You can read up on mine from when I bought it to now here;

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?284731-Nito-s-Caponord-ETV1000

Regards
Nito

Edited by NITO
  • Like 1

That is lurvley mate....well jealous.

Thanks bud,  now I have to learn how to ride a sport bike again and remember it does not go over curbs like my KTM 950 Adv S does :lol:  Always wanted another sports bike again after selling my NC30, after some hard work this year I was lucky to buy another bike.

Edited by cyronn

A local bike shop (which stocks mostly Chinese/Far East made bikes and scooters) is getting one in for me to have a look at this week, only a 125 but it'll do for a year or so before I go for my full test.

It is a Chinese model but seems to get really good reviews and for the price of a brand spanker with 3 years warranty and no MOT's to pay for it's a no brainer really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never owned a Chinese bike and probably never will, so I cannot really comment on them at all.  I have seen a few and the NEC bike show 2 years ago and like the same as you read reviews etc.  If your not planning to keep it for more than a year it should be ok, I cant really say tbh. 

what bikes have I owned......first bike was at age 15

dt125mx enduro

atleast 6-7 dt 125`s of various reg`s

it 250

`86 cr250

`84 rm 490

klr 650

klr600

txs 125 +25cc kit

Honda melody

mtx125

h reg xtz750 super tenere

`99 mk1 1200 bandit

`96 mk1 1200 bandit

`03 gsxr 1000 k3

`03 zrx1200 eddie Lawson rep

`96 yzf thunder ace

`98 xjr1200

`89 fzr 1000 genisis

`04 dl1000

`03 svs 1000

`96 cbr1100xx blackbird

theres probly more but these r the main ones...I have 4 atm

my svs 20140413_135914_zpsa6d08454.jpg

dl1000 20150118_154733_zpshicpziyv.jpg

96 bird bird006.jpg

mk1 b1200 kkk005.jpg

these r a few of the ones listed above what r now gone..

10072011323.jpg

gg009.jpg

cybers045.jpg

cybers088.jpg

dffd001-1.jpg

klrcrd.jpg

Picture656.jpg

Edited by evssv
  • Like 2

I always wanted a blue one. ..but glad I didn't now...I found this ti one literally 3 mins from my house on Gumtree....3 owners 38998 miles. ...got over 87000 on it now. ..and it hasn't missed a beat...me dl1000 got over 147000 init and salt ill pulls my fat ass upto 140 ish. .....

Edited by evssv

I always wanted a blue one. ..but glad I didn't now...I found this ti one literally 3 mins from my house on Gumtree....3 owners 38998 miles. ...got over 87000 on it now. ..and it hasn't missed a beat...me dl1000 got over 147000 init and salt ill pulls my fat ass upto 140 ish. .....

Yea its a really rare colour, I've only seen a handful about

That Blackbird still looks so good even though it's nearly 20 yrs old!

Indeed, still a beast also in its own right.

Superb bike that is, stunning :)

Thanks Hyper :thumbsup:

That Blackbird still looks so good even though it's nearly 20 yrs old!

cheers..it has the normal cracks here n there..which happens to all ones this milage....but overall its not bad...people don't belive me when I say its almost 20 years old....

Edited by evssv

v.tidy ninja matey!! :thumbsup:....guess u aint gonna ride it in the wet??my sv is on 25000 odds now...and only been wet 5 times in 11 years since I`ve had it...got it 1 owner with 2248 miles on it....

Edited by evssv

A local bike shop (which stocks mostly Chinese/Far East made bikes and scooters) is getting one in for me to have a look at this week, only a 125 but it'll do for a year or so before I go for my full test.

It is a Chinese model but seems to get really good reviews and for the price of a brand spanker with 3 years warranty and no MOT's to pay for it's a no brainer really.

our mechanic has them chinkey peds in..and the dt 125 copys..he hates em as there always hassle!!..and we`re amazed at the total lack of quality ..anywhere.....its truly shocking!!....yes sum r better then other but we r both surprised at how they can b deemed road legal....we had one in with jus under 700 miles on it...a kinroad 125...dt/kmx type copy.....the whole bike was made of cheese....the swing arm looked like a school table leg crudely bent to form the arm....I reckon I could of bent it if I pulled it apart.....nuts bolts rounded off if u looked at em wrong...plastics were abs so u bend them slighty they snap....everything was loose...parts can b a total pita......but go for it....give it a good once over....jus don't expect too much.....we tell people to stick with the big 4 jap makes.....a 15-20 year old Suzuki..Honda... Kawasaki...Yamaha...will b  a better bet then one of them new copy things......sum listen..sum don't.....theres no way one of them copys will still b running in 15-20 years....even 3 years.......

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

v.tidy ninja matey!! :thumbsup:....guess u aint gonna ride it in the wet??my sv is on 25000 odds now...and only been wet 5 times in 11 years since I`ve had it...got it 1 owner with 2248 miles on it....

Cheers, no I'll use my KTM 950 Adv S for crap weather. The KTM coming on 40k miles now, bought her with 33k miles on her. I don't need to ride in bad weather anymore since I got my car license 10 years ago

our mechanic has them chinkey peds in..and the dt 125 copys..he hates em as there always hassle!!..and we`re amazed at the total lack of quality ..anywhere.....its truly shocking!!....yes sum r better then other but we r both surprised at how they can b deemed road legal....we had one in with jus under 700 miles on it...a kinroad 125...dt/kmx type copy.....the whole bike was made of cheese....the swing arm looked like a school table leg crudely bent to form the arm....I reckon I could of bent it if I pulled it apart.....nuts bolts rounded off if u looked at em wrong...plastics were abs so u bend them slighty they snap....everything was loose...parts can b a total pita......but go for it....give it a good once over....jus don't expect too much.....we tell people to stick with the big 4 jap makes.....a 15-20 year old Suzuki..Honda... Kawasaki...Yamaha...will b a better bet then one of them new copy things......sum listen..sum don't.....theres on way one of them copys will still b running in 15-20 years....even 3 years.......

I think there are some of the lesser chinese brands which seem to still be poor quality but a few of the ones which have been around a little while longer have been receiving good reviews even regarding longevity.

I have looking on a few of the large motorbiking forums and they seem to do quite well overall so ill be taking a punt on it.

One comment which I liked and thought very pertinent is that the big Japanese brands started out just like the cheap Chinese brands too....nobody would touch them due to the quailty of them....look where they are now though.

yeah very true.....kimco r one of the better ones.....yes sum r getting there act togather but sum should not b on the road...even new....what u getting anyway??but if its only for a year.....look after it and u`ll get sum

Edited by evssv

I am torn between the Sym Wolf or the Keeway RKV currently - the Sym is more expensive however and my local dealer tells me they are both near enough identical and that I should go for the RKV....apparently he sells around 98% RKV and 2% wolf and he has no issues with them (other than service/maintenance parts).

I also have a friend who has had a Keeway TX for a couple of years now and it has been spot on so I am swaying towards the RKV at the moment.

The dealer had a Sym Wolf in for me to have a look at but did not have any RKV's in stock so I am waiting to see the RKV in the flesh before a decision is made.

I bought myself a Birthday present on Saturday and picked this up.  It's an 03 with 13k miles her.

IMG-20150827-WA0000_zpsgw6rbxno.jpgzx6rtrailer_zpsu8qwkhta.jpg

Lovely!

B1H?

Always had my eye on one of them, best 600 ever! Newer ones are no where as good as that model so it looks like you've done your research!

Yeah he is an authorised dealer for both brands, he works closely with the main UK importer so parts and everything else is not an issue.

cool...atleast he got parts to hand if need b..good luck with which ever u choose....