• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

• 1 month later...

I’m actually nearly sorted for the shooting side of things. 
I just need another scope, another rifle+ scope+ nice bag, 3 or 4 pistols and that Winchester underlever rifle with the brass cases and I’m done.

Acre or two of land as well!

• Haha 1

One of my other pistols is a Gletcher Colt 1911 a1 Co2 bb pistol with blow-back and fully field strippable: 0E4F8748-1126-4172-87E3-F9B4CA49EE40.thumb.jpeg.f4fc8670ffd5f8f686ecae22de6f9f73.jpeg

31278756-EFAD-43EA-9EF1-FD6A533C3C6C.thumb.jpeg.c71597d1947cc94b7bdb2b22f16454e3.jpeg

• Like 3

I took my new bolt action Ruger M77 chambered in .44 mag out last night for the first time being fired, ever.

Had a fair bit more bang and recoil than I had anticipated, and I was using handmade loads there were 0.1 gn over minimum load (According to the Lee reloading manual anyway) I was worried about the round not leaving the barrel, no chance of that happening!

Need to make more bullets now.

• Like 2

I only have two pieces, need to buy a rifle too, but still not decided what... Thinking about something chambered in .308

First one is  CZ SP01 shadow viper, which is originaly a CZ 75 shadow, but heavily modified at wafen oschatz in germany. 6inch barell and custom milled 6 inch slide. Also trigerring mechansim is changed. Really a great piece, it can make hole in hole at 25m 😁 chambered in 9x19mm

Second one is a S&W 14-3 revolver chambered in .38special with 6 inch barrel. With this one we have a love and hate relationship as just can't get used to it... trigering is very smooth, but it just don't want to cooperate with my hand 😅

EDIT:  noticed just now, that you are talking about air rifles... After some search, i see that in UK things are very hard on shooting sport. Is it even possible to get firearm license?

I live in EU country and the law is not easy about that, but at least it is possible...

Edited by zlab
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, zlab said:

EDIT:  noticed just now, that you are talking about air rifles... After some search, i see that in UK things are very hard on shooting sport. Is it even possible to get firearm license?

I live in EU country and the law is not easy about that, but at least it is possible...

Yeah it's possible, but its a pain in the arse.

Basically you need a "good reason" to own a firearm. You need to be a member of a shooting club/range really, or own land/have the licences for hunting. They simply wont give you a licence because you want one.

On 10/05/2022 at 13:23, .AJ. said:

Got any pics of your Ruger?

IMG-20220511-134538.jpg

IMG-20220511-134516.jpg

EDIT: Apolgoies I am not sure how to orientate the pictures the right way up, maybe you could sort that?

Thats the Ruger and my other rifle which is a Chiappa M1-22 - which is basically an knock off of the US M1 Carbine but its chambebred for .22lr as a pose to .30 Carbine.

Edited by BUDFORCE
  • Like 3

I keep lookin on Solware site has i have a 50 quid voucher. But looks like i wont get out the place for less than a grand lol .

Quite fancy one of these..........https://solware.co.uk/air-pistol-accessories/air-pistols/artemis-pp750-multishot-pcp-air-pistol

So that with a decent red dot, moderator and a bottle will soon mount up lol 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, .AJ. said:

PP750’s are meant to be awesome! Have a look on eBay at all the custom parts available for them 😬 

You and your idea's. Just bought a set of grey walnut grips for a gun i dont own lol 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Just had tomorrows job cancel so may go for a ride over 

Nice! I’ve got my eye on something, i sold my Maverick a few weeks ago and want to replace it with something a bit more handier, the Maverick was a bit of a monster 😂

AJ, Firstly, nice piece .
Secondly, what’s your thoughts on Reximex as a owner, I like the look of their rifles and quite fancy one. Been out of the game for a few years and haven’t heard of them before.  All the reviews I’ve watched  say good things but I always take those with a pinch of salt.

Was looking at a HW110 for a second gun. Got my RM8 Varmint as a workhorse/ clanger but been put off the 110 after trying one out, just didn’t like the feel ( could get used to it over time I suppose) and with the power drop issues still around I’m not that keen to lay out that amount of money and not have 100% faith in it.  

• Like 1

Video on YouTube put up today by Houston Jones and Kentucky Ballistics, I won’t put a link up as not sure it’s suitable, but it’s very funny! Kentucky is testing various non-lethal rounds on his ‘friend’😂

• Like 2