• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

20 minutes ago, autobutcher said:

Crackshot is a air gun shop and range in Heathfield ind. estate, near Newton Abbot.  Ordered mine from them and very helpful and friendly. Only 10mins away from me so very handy. About £25 hr for the range, rifle and pellets if I remember correctly. Also got a bb range and a clay sim. 
BE WARNED……. lots of shiny shiny in there, you can hear your wallet weep!

Yeah i saw them online, they do sound very good 👍🏻 

I live 5 mins from:  www.thegunroom.co.uk a great looking store but the one interaction I had with a lady was pretty blunt and unhelpful 😕

27 minutes ago, autobutcher said:

Crackshot is a air gun shop and range in Heathfield ind. estate, near Newton Abbot.  Ordered mine from them and very helpful and friendly. Only 10mins away from me so very handy. About £25 hr for the range, rifle and pellets if I remember correctly. Also got a bb range and a clay sim. 
BE WARNED……. lots of shiny shiny in there, you can hear your wallet weep!

Just watched their YouTube, looks like they offer a great beginner service , gun selection,  fitting etc . 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

Can anyone recommend a descent scope? Nothing overly expensive as it's only got a few targets and the odd bit of pest control. 

Obviously "not overly expensive" is subjective but I don't think you'd go wrong with a Nikko Stirling Rifle scope, ...maybe an old classic 3-9x40. 
Have a look and see what you think: https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/optics-accessories/rifle-scopes/nikko-stirling-scopes/sort-by/price/sort-direction/asc/show/45

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, after applying on 29th November last year, firearms officer is comin on Tuesday next week to do a visit.

Fingers crossed he is happy with the cabinet etc.

Said I could have 3 rifles to start with, which I though was a little stingy, but said after 6 months I could appy for a variation if I wanted.

Reckon I'll go 2 x .22s probably one bolty, one semi, and a .44 bolty.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you super, haven’t got a clue what the break barrel one is, was given to me by a mate after clearing his deceased father in laws house along with 200 1944 vintage .38 live rounds, he thought they went with it! (I took the rounds to the police station to be disposed of, that was a fun convo!) 

No markings that I can find, all I know is it’s a .177. He said his FIL reckons it’s from 1930ish. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Looks like a BSA Standard ??? 

Think you right Rover, looked up the Standard and it has to be one. I thought it might be a Lincoln but it looks same as BSA, no markings where they usually would be but it is very heavily worn. Was going to just tart it up a bit and hang it up as like the look, it sits in what guests call my “crap corner”😂image.thumb.jpg.814cadb009fc5e86d15cc85d72ef4602.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you. It’s a Bren mk2/ sunglasses/necklace holder, all about up-cycling here! 
In a great bit of timing, I’ve just got the go ahead to clear some horse fields of the carpets of bunnies that live there, nobody has shot there for years and the bunnies got used to the horses and people so they barely move when you are sat 20yds away. Fish and barrel come to mind👍.

4 hours ago, autobutcher said:

Buffet time, not a bad spread!

Nice!

Are these air rifles or firearms?

I am picking up a Ruger bolt action rifle chambered for .44 magnum tomorrow which is a bit of an unusual rifle as thats a pistol cartridge.

Gotta learn how to reload .44 magnum, the more I read the more I realise there is more to it than I thought!

3 hours ago, BUDFORCE said:

Nice!

Are these air rifles or firearms?

I am picking up a Ruger bolt action rifle chambered for .44 magnum tomorrow which is a bit of an unusual rifle as thats a pistol cartridge.

Gotta learn how to reload .44 magnum, the more I read the more I realise there is more to it than I thought!

The Bren is a deac (old spec) and the other two are air.  I love Forgotten Weapons, gun Jesus is great. I’ve always had a thing for Brens as I remember a photo of my grandad when he was out in the desert chasing/being chased by Rommel. He was stood with his mate, boots and shorts on and fag in his mouth and Bren on his hip.  Looking cool as! Just think it’s a cool looking thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Love the Bren! Ian at Forgotten Weapons did a excellent series of videos on them not long ago 👍 

Brandon Herrera is another good one, he has a AK fetish going on, some funny stuff on there.

• Like 1