• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Some cracking looking guns guys.

I like competitive clay Pidgeon shooting and really accurate air pistols, target shooting.

I can't understand why anyone would want to go out shooting innocent animals though?

1.  You have a very small ***** or a malformed vagina

2.  You get a kick out of killing animals that have shown you no harm.

3.  You might be a Serial Killer or just a loser.

4.  You could be American

5.  You've never really been ever able to satisfy a woman ( that counts for girls as well )

6.  You stay in Alaska and have been beaten since age 6

7.  You were married to your sister at age ten.

If I had it my way I'd gather a team to hunt the hunters.

With better weapons

Well im none of the above but thanks for your very small minded opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I like competitive clay Pidgeon shooting and really accurate air pistols, target shooting.

I can't understand why anyone would want to go out shooting innocent animals though?

5.  You've never really been ever able to satisfy a woman ( that counts for girls as well )

With better weapons

I'd rather eat wild game than proceed meat anyday. You clearly have no idea of why a lot of hunting is carried and why it HAS to happen to maintain a balanced eco system in this country and ensure that conservation can continue. If you eat meat then every comment you made above is null and void. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

With better weapons

Out of all the forums I am, or have been a member/contributor of, I have used the "Ignore" facility maybe once or twice but this kind of comment/veiw point has earned its use. I would enter into a battle of wits with you but you appear to be unarmed! Bye.

It can be as expensive as you want it to be. Cheapest starting point would be a springer but there a little harder to master.

A pcp is a much better setup to get to grips with but a little clinical so you really need both lol 

Have a look to see if you have any local clubs and pop along when they have an open day, See what takes your fancy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derka said:

I have a large garden and shooting targets for accuracy sounds quite interesting. Plus it's fun to learn something new.

Is it expensive to get into?

As Rover Man said above, it can be an expensive sport to get into and the second hand market is attractive but you don't know what you are buying, what may seem like a bargain may not be. have a look at your local dealer and shoulder a couple of rifles to see what feels comfortable to you, explain what your goals are to the dealer and your budget. you would be amazed at how much advice they can give.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Guys I feel a bit responsible for "Killing" this thread.

I started out as a youngster with a Diana sp50, then had a Gammo pistol that I loved for years (177)

Then I had a Weihrauch rifle I used for kinda long range target practice.

After that I had no more connections to guns 

I'm amazed looking back in this thread to the airguns available now.

I'm not some crazy anti gun leftist/animal rights guy !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I’ll get the thread going again!

3-AF4-BD09-5410-4846-BA60-C93-B0-EE40-F8

The pistol carbines in the middle is a new arrival, ive had it a few weeks now and loving it! it’s a Reximex Mito S in .177, fitted with a T-Eagle SR 2x28 fixed mag scope and a Blade Fatboy moddy 👍 

Very nice collection you've got going on there. 😉

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well im still waiting for my Firearms ticket renewal . Already 8 weeks overdue so at the moment i have no valid ticket but i do have a letter from the police saying iys there fault there facing a massive backlog after the covid shut down and im still covered legally and dont have to lodge my guns with local firearms dealer .

Also there not doing any new ticket requests as of yet untill they get the backlog of renewals sorted. 

Good job ive got plenty ammo in stock as without a valid ticket i cant buy any lol 

image.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

That pistol you have there .AJ.

Is that a PP700 ?

I've become quite fascinated by air pistols recently.

What is PCP ? with regards to air guns?

Can you explain it to me?

You are correct, it is indeed a PP700, to be more specific it is the PP700Sa: 

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/air-pistols/precharged-pneumatic-air-pistols/smk-pp700sa-22/19919

I have the PP700W variant, instead of having a square section sleeve over the barrel the PP700W has a round sleeve: 

DSCF0344.thumb.JPG.d0f0c24b152a24e50386676b8ef78c09.JPG

The term PCP stands for Pre-charged Pneumatic, a system where by a pistol/rifle has an attached cylinder/bottle that holds air at an extremely high pressure, usually around 220bar(3,190psi) - 300bar(4,350psi). The gun has a valve system in it that takes a small amount of this pressure to propel a projectile down the barrel of the gun. Different calibres use different amounts of this air to do this.

11 hours ago, Rover Man said:

Well im still waiting for my Firearms ticket renewal . Already 8 weeks overdue so at the moment i have no valid ticket but i do have a letter from the police saying iys there fault there facing a massive backlog after the covid shut down and im still covered legally and dont have to lodge my guns with local firearms dealer .

Also there not doing any new ticket requests as of yet untill they get the backlog of renewals sorted. 

Good job ive got plenty ammo in stock as without a valid ticket i cant buy any lol 

image.jpg

Well stocked while waiting for the Zombie apocalypse 😉 

Edited by KC59
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quite fancy a Glock 17 replica for target shooting in the garden, I understand there are a few versions of this gun by quite a few company's

Enjoyed watching Andy's airgun reviews related to them.

Just wondered if any of you guy guys had one or a different versions/opinions.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Quite fancy a Glock 17 replica for target shooting in the garden, I understand there are a few versions of this gun by quite a few company's

Enjoyed watching Andy's airgun reviews related to them.

Just wondered if any of you guy guys had one or a different versions/opinions.

I have a Colt 1911 A1 replica, it is Co2 powered and fires BB's. It has a blow-back action and is field strippable and made by a company called Gletcher although there are loads of other versions at varying budgets. Some are made under licence like the Glock's and Sig Sauer's. Umarex make some very good semi-auto versions as well as revolver type guns.

This is my Colt 1911 A1 and my Colt 1873 Saa, Both are .177 calibre but the 1873 Saa shoots pellets from replica cartridges that you load into the cylinder.

1013182023_Colt1.thumb.jpg.007572208b23d28fda9f681e3cee5b87.jpg

393488071_Colt2.thumb.jpg.9e1c927c83bce35d2d471602920497fa.jpg

219573510_ColtSAA1873(1).thumb.jpg.2b363ed7f2713c9df40ebedaa5a59cf3.jpg

995125086_ColtSAA1873(2).thumb.jpg.f1467e49eaf076e3ea11d2ea39c92fcf.jpg

• Like 1