• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else go shooting ?

epons300

Just did some targets for the first time in about 18 months, I justed used some water filled bottles as targets. My grouping wasn't to bad but my sight is out a little so for about 75ft I was dropping around 3cm. The reason that I got it out was because I saw a rat in the garden, by the time I'd found all my stuff he'd gone just I just stuck with target's. I now fancy getting a pistol just for targets and pest control, any suggestions? I don't wanna go to wild BTW.

Here mine, not been out for a year or two, used to go to a local range quite regular. Then my son was born!

Rifle is a BSA Hornet springer

Pistol is a CO2 one, can't remember the manufacturer off the top of my head. Had it for over 10 years

ae1e8cd90899f2c8c65a14968db37005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stealth

• 1 month later...

This is mainly why I don't do much RC anymore, since buying a DT10 I spend way too much a week on clays.

Sold off most of my rifles this year, my tuned HW100KS is that good I never bothered with the others. It's near pellet on pellet at 60 yards in the garden (light breeze).

• Like 1

This is mainly why I don't do much RC anymore, since buying a DT10 I spend way too much a week on clays.

Sold off most of my rifles this year, my tuned HW100KS is that good I never bothered with the others. It's near pellet on pellet at 60 yards in the garden (light breeze).

I must admit that I'm loosing Intrest in rc and I can see me getting more involved with the rifles. I must see if I can have a go with a hw100 at the range to see what they're all about.

It's very unlikely that I'll get one as I think from now on I'll probably stick with my 97 for a long time as I think I prefer springers to pcps. Pcps have their place but as you say they're very clinical and a bit boring to be honest.

It depends what you're doing with it, if it's plinking for fun then it can be a tad boring unless like me you put up targets 70 to 100 yards away. If you're hunting then it's the perfect tool for the job. I bought 3 rough HW100's a few months ago and tuned them all, I enjoyed it so much I'm always looking for other similar ones just for fun. Turning a HW100T from a shotgun over the limit with 35 shots a charge to a deadly accurate rifle with 140 shot capacity is very rewarding (but very time consuming). The one I kept is the most accurate gun I've ever used in the last 20 years and I buy / sell them on a monthly basis.

I got my SGC 2 years ago now and spend most of my time & money on that now.

It depends what you're doing with it, if it's plinking for fun then it can be a tad boring unless like me you put up targets 70 to 100 yards away. If you're hunting then it's the perfect tool for the job. I bought 3 rough HW100's a few months ago and tuned them all, I enjoyed it so much I'm always looking for other similar ones just for fun. Turning a HW100T from a shotgun over the limit with 35 shots a charge to a deadly accurate rifle with 140 shot capacity is very rewarding (but very time consuming). The one I kept is the most accurate gun I've ever used in the last 20 years and I buy / sell them on a monthly basis.

I got my SGC 2 years ago now and spend most of my time & money on that now.

Yeah if were to do a bit of hunting/pest control then I'd more than likely to use a pcp as it'll be more forgiving. 

• 1 month later...
On 1 November 2015 at 14:47:00, Tatts said:

This is 14 shots @ 60yards in the garden

fe919ed3-aeb7-4b6d-8480-7c2fa73950bc_zps

Now...tell the truth....one pellet went in the bullseye, but the other 13 are out of view ;)

Back when I was really into competitive HFT shooting, I found that the consistency of the pellets became more important than the rifle... as the PCP Daystate and Theoben rifles I used were so good.

daystates n theo's are like so lush as a weapon, but again its all about the projectile , if its cheap its gonna open up in the barrel and flatten the nose out a bit.
a good decent round the skirt will inflate and the dome tip will keep its shape, you pay good money for good lead.

glad i dont own weapons no more just to much hassle , was never like this when i was a lad shooting 30 yr ago

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a mad moment and bought a ticket for this the other week http://www.bracesofbristol.com/uac/. It should be a lot of fun though I'm not expecting to win (if I'm honest I'm half expecting to be the only one daft enough to turn up with a springer lol) so my only goal is not to come last. Which is going to be a tall order since if only shot up to 45yrds so 60 is going to be a real challenge. Though I think my scope will be up for the job

{option}http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w414/supersavage35/DSC_0119_zpsuki2ctqu.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry for the bad pic. It's a Hawke Airmax 30 SF 8-32x50 AMX IR.

However I've got my fingers crossed to perhaps win one of the raffle prizes.

Here is my BSA R10 had the barrel shortened & a Tench regulator fitted had it for about 5/6 years not been shooting much over the last few years but I have done quite a bit of pest control for a friend on their small holding 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I dropped a bird with a .22 from around 100m or alittle more it was absolutely crazy. I was only joking around like watch this. Didn't even rest the barrel and I doubt 15yr olds set the scope very well. It was either my biggest fluke ever or it had an heart attack afew seconds after I fired. 

There's a gun club near me in uttoxeter I'm sure real guns are allowed ther upto a .308 rifle I was gobsmacked that would be amazing. I don't understand the rules tho and I think becoming a member isn't that easy either. Something like 10 places a year if that. So average Joe probably doesn't have a chance. 

There's a pellet gun place in Cheadle I think or around there I'm hoping to go soon to play on ther quad bikes 5mile course but £70 per hour £10ph to go shooting or archery. 

I want to go there for my birthday I think mayb ask about a bumper pack 2hr quads 1hr shooting mayb a go in the land rover or go karts. 

My mate has a remington nice looking rifle like a dark black carbon look to it with scope and silencer. I think I could get it off him if I tried. Are they considerd to be good? 

I thought remington was a propper gun maker so think it will be a good one. It's modern too very nice. Co2 i think. But i couldn't see a canister on it.