• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Pro MT owners thread.

shdaxner

• 3 weeks later...

Still loving my little beasty, the shocks have held up perfectly since stripping them and replacing the split o ring.

I am still getting to grips with it being 2wd..especially in the air as it just does not handle like a 4wd 8th scale at all but I am working on it.

Does anybody know of a wheely bar which would fit the PMT?

Throttle control fella, the rear skid is perfectly angled to sit on and wheelie... I have found if she flips backwards onto the roof, let off throttle and she land back on her wheels.

Not grabbed much air as yet, grass on the run up to the bank is too long for tenth scale,scrubs too much speed off ergo nose dive landings...

The problem I have found with the rear skid is when you wheely on grass the corners of the body get caught too - my main bashing spot is quite short well kept grass but is undulating ground so when giving it beans the nose is up and down all the time.

I'm thinking that a wheely bar for a Stampede or Slash may fit as they are apparently similar cars.....may have to try one.

On the stampede, the best wheelie bar is the rear tbone, it acts more as a skid where the proper Traxxas one tends to get caught up in stuff. Given the PMT is based off Prolines hopups for the traxxas 2wd, one of the tbones should fit?

• 2 weeks later...

....alas, the wife doesn't feel the same, rebuking my generous offer of my very own PMT for bashing purposes.... So a roller will be available if current leads don't pan out... ;)

....alas, the wife doesn't feel the same, rebuking my generous offer of my very own PMT for bashing purposes.... So a roller will be available if current leads don't pan out... ;)

Will you be keeping the clean one (AJ's) or your own :tease:

Bashed the PMT today at a local BMX track (Peel Park if you know it) and it performed brilliantly, I am now going to be looking for a couple of extra batteries for so I can bash for even longer :yes:

17014187179_56fdf03f69_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bashed the PMT at the BMX track again on the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.....thats two weekends in a row that the ST has gone home broken and the PMT has just come back for more.

Gave my mate a go with it after he had all but annihilated his SCT and he loved it too, he was very surprised at just how tough the little  :tank:  is plus how well balanced it is.

I also stumbled across a big squid review of the PMT whilst searching for hop ups the other day and thought they hit the nail on the head "the best 2wd we have ever tested" - http://www.bigsquidrc.com/review-pro-line-pro-mt-monster-truck/

Does your mate want to buy one? ;)

I will certainly pass on the offer...

Good to hear some more positive feedback on this truck, it's definitely one on my wish list. Do you have any videos of the carnage?

I personally do not have any footage as I can never get anybody to film me, I will try and get some next time I get up there.

I'm not, well, not this first one anyway which, looking at the weather forecast, was a shrewd move on my part... ;)

Also have decided to keep the spare and build 'something' onto the chassis...it's just too good for the money to sell on and my brain needs something nonstandard to think about and work on, getting very bored simply building kit after kit...

Don't watch this space though, a 5ive to get up and running again first, whilst ideas swim about...

Been bashing the PMT very hard and this is really the best RC I've ever owned, except for my Losi 5ives...

Managed to break a front lower wishbone :( but was doing silly stuff off some big tree roots.

GET ONE, they are great!

• Like 1