• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Schumacher Rascal Mini Truck,anyone got one?

smallman28

Can someone tell me how loud this little things are? I may get one to use in the garden AND to use when i let the revo cool down lol. If they're too loud though im just going to go for a jato and not bother using anything in the garden!

Can someone tell me how loud this little things are? I may get one to use in the garden AND to use when i let the revo cool down lol. If they're too loud though im just going to go for a jato and not bother using anything in the garden!

I use all mine in the garden, Rascal, Savage, FG :lol:

It is nowhere near as loud as my Savage :good:

Shh stop pursuading me to get it over a jato! It cant be that quiet, still got a .18 shoved inside. Although the "exhaust" does look like it could dampen the sound quite a lot. And its only £125 brand new from Modelsport! BTW that is ARTR, does that mean it only needs TX + RX or servos aswell?

I mean NO, jato!

Shh stop pursuading me to get it over a jato! It cant be that quiet, still got a .18 shoved inside. Although the "exhaust" does look like it could dampen the sound quite a lot. And its only £125 brand new from Modelsport! BTW that is ARTR, does that mean it only needs TX + RX or servos aswell?

I mean NO, jato!

ARTR,Almost Ready To Run,so it needs radio gear.

I haven't used mine in anger yet as where I run is soaking wet and the grass is a bit long for it but it is a solid well built little machine for sure.

The chassis is 4mm thick which is the same as it is on the FGs I have :o

i saw one of these in my local shop and my god i want one 180 with all the radio gear think i might have to invest in one but how easy are they to break cus my t-maxx is always breaking

revorussell is the one to ask that question,he has had his for a while and I think the only thing he has broke is a rear shock tower and that was after a bad landing after an insane jump if I remember correctly.

I haven't had much chance to use mine yet as I have only just broke it and it is really wet where I usually run.

I managed to do another run today even though it has been wet,I just ran it on road instead and wore the tyres down a bit more :confused:

I worried initially as I just couldn't get it to start,turns out the glow plug had gone,I think/hope that was just cause it had been running so rich before.

I put one of the OS 8's I had in it and it fired right up on the first pull,I had to re-adjust the idle slightly again with the new plug but other than that it ran just fine.

It would be nice now for it to dry up so I can use it off road a bit,still liking the car at the moment :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just ordered the 2-speed gears for this today!

I know it might take a week or so to get it given it is Xmas but I have stripped the car ready,there is quite a bit involved as the layshaft has to be totally changed over which means taking most of the back end apart.

how do you guys use this thing, everytime i use mine i BREAK somthink!

i think ive almost payed as much for spares as much as i bought the car!

Cause by your own admission you seem to crash into something everytime you use it

I got a Schumacher Rascal just before xmas, it breaks a lot (maybe the way I crash into walls & kurbs) but a lot of other people haven't had nearly as much trouble as I have had so dont let me put you off!

GO BUY 1! :D

Hi you are the 1st person i have heard about who keeps breaking it :P .You said in your other post that you keep driving into walls and kurbs.I think that could be your answer.Try and find somewhere where there is more room to drive it.Any car will break if you keep hitting things with it :o

I got my 2 speed today,a bit of a pain to fit though :confused:

Still,I got it all together in the end and went out and tried it.

Either it is a very quiet shift or I am just not getting it fast enough on the road outside my house,I am taking it with me to work tomorrow and going to try it in the car park at lunch time :D

I did read somewhere that they shift quite late so maybe you arnt getting enough speed outside like you said.I fitted the roll bar and it looks as if it will take even more of a beating now and also makes it easier to hold while starting.I have also read that between the carb and engine there is a restricter to keep it from being totaly insane :P .I have only done 5 tanks with mine but i will give it a few more then see how the speed compares to the lst's .After that i will fit the 2 speed and compare them again to see the difference in speed the 2 speed makes.

I had a rascal as a chrissy pressie, and after getting it all run in i had it out at a local car park last night, nice long tarmac straight, with a big gravel space behind. I was amazed with the performance. Its still running very rich, as i need to get it out during the day to tune it properly so i can see what i'm doing. But i was jumping steps (about a 5 foot drop), hopping off kerbs, and generally ramping it about. No damage what so ever, will go over the same part of the gravel space as my mate's Revo (albeit a bit slower), and is generally a good laugh.

Thing is though, as it was slightly damp, the only way i could describe it is bonkers. Its going to eat rear tyres, as i can't keep it in a straight line.

So, can anyone recommend a good set of tires for an 80/20 mix of tarmac and shingle/gravel? Also, anything i can do to the suspension to help it get the power down a bit better? The other problem i noticed was the brakes, as they seem to be either on or off, any way to adjust them so i can stop without locking up?

Any advice would be much appreciated - other than a few niggly things with the car, i'm really happy with it, and matey with a revo now wants one!

Welcome to the forum.

Schumacher are now distributing some of the New Era range of products, and part of that is some whel adaptors to fit Traxxas Jato rims. That should offer a lot of Pro-line tyres.

If you re-tune and re-gear the engine, Schumacher Big 6 and Havoc rims go straight on. :D

I didn't change the gearing, just set up the needle, it was quite slow, so I just did about a minute or two to see if they cleared the chassis.

Big 6 wheels are the same as Havoc wheels, but they have a much lower profile tyre.