• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Schumacher Rascal Mini Truck,anyone got one?

smallman28

Well it came today!

I was surprised by how big an FG is and this thing is completely the opposite,its tiny :lol:

The stock radio gear is a bit naff though,its a stick transmitter that is bulky to say the least,I have changed the radio gear over though to use the 40AM Futaba transmitter I already had.

When I am feeling a bit richer I might get a Spektrum receiver to use instead.

I am not going to use a failsafe on this one as it has a pretty good throttle return spring that actually appears to work and if it does go out of control it is hardly going to kill someone.

I will posts some pics later.

Just the one pic,batteries in camera are running out.

I got the controller in to give some idea of size.

I cant use it anytime soon as I cut through the fuel pipe,I was cutting a cable tie and the knife went through that then the fuel tube :whistling:

dsc01641lh9.jpg

I cant use it anytime soon as I cut through the fuel pipe,I was cutting a cable tie and the knife went through that then the fuel tube :whistling:

dont try to hard too think :lol:

dsc01641lh9.jpg

pm me your address mate and i'll send you some fuel line ;) if you need any :good:

With the kind donation of some fuel tube from revorussel I should be up and running tomorrow.

I might run a tank of fuel through it tomorrow when I get in from work,I have stuck the glow starter on charge so as long as it is dry......

Well I ended up doing a couple of runs depsite the fact I was going to leave it till the weekend to give me more time to mess around.

Aren't nitros fun,not!

I got it going alright in the end but the setting for the idle that the factory had preset was WAYYYY off,it would start but just wouldn't keep going,I had to adjust the idle almost a full turn to get a stable idle but once done it was okay.

I did one tank and let it cool right down before doing another,that was easy enough seeing as it is howling a gale.

On the second tank it fired right up on the first pull :good:

It needs another tank at low speed and then I will tune it a bit,it's need some LSN adjustment as the start off is very boggy,other than that it is going alright so far.

lol, i got that with Hpi's standard setting's my engine would not fire at all.

I adjusted the HSN about 1/2 a turn and it was still very boggy but i persisted and it ran in just.....

But at least ure up and running, bet u cannot wait for the weekend to begin :good::D

Well I just did a bit of a faster run,blimey,either this thing is quick or it just appears faster cause it is so small.

I also found that the LSN was also way out <_< I screwed it in quite a bit and it started and ran much better and I could turn the idle back down again.

I need to do some work on it tomorrow in the daylight thought to see how much smoke is coming off it to get a better idea of the state of tune but it doesn't seem to get overly hot,I did the spit test and it slowly sizzled :D and it also cools down very quickly once stopped.

Ah blimey i still cant see it.Must be somthing wrong with my pc :angry: .Went to youtube and put in schumacher rascal and only got 2 rascal and 3 manace vidz.Must have some kind of virus!Hey who said [CENSORED]! :ph34r:

Cuz the guy spelt it wrong :lol: