• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SkyRC nitro engine heater

Nick

SkyRCEngineHeater.jpg

SkyRC now have a nitro engine heater available. Fitting all .19 to .26 nitro engines, the heater is powered by a 12VDC power source such as respective battery packs or a power supply and it pre-heats the engine to 60

i already have a nitro engine heater   and it is fantastic.  i know some say just reeving the engine will get it up to temp but it doesn't .   also if the engine is new you really should get a heater of some kind.

These come into their own on cold days... and make an engine easier to start as well as reducing the stress of a cold start.

If it runs off 12V...then I presume it would run off 3S LiPo without issue. If you don;t lug around a starter box, then a LiPo is a lot less bulk to carry.

Fantastic price for an engine heater.. Massive disappointment it only fits up to .26 engines! :(

I would have thought that the target market would be .26 engines and up, as out of all seriousness, who struggles to start anything smaller than a .28 from cold? 

Fantastic price for an engine heater.. Massive disappointment it only fits up to .26 engines! :(

I would have thought that the target market would be .26 engines and up, as out of all seriousness, who struggles to start anything smaller than a .28 from cold?

It's meant for modern high compression race engines, they are almost impossible to turn over cold and you risk damaging the con-rod if you don't heat them up first

That's fair enough! :)

Still a massive target market missed out on though. Pretty much every 1/8 nitro owner would love one of these at this price. Certainly more in keeping with the price of stuff for bashers, than racers.. Shame!

Maximum size of the cooling head it will fit is 59-60mm...if you are handy with a needle and thread it could easily be modified.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Bennettironman said:

Hi everyone,

I got a sky RC heater and a 2s lipo but it doesn't power up the heater ? I thought you could use 2s on these ? 

pretty sure engine heaters all need 3s 

5 hours ago, Bennettironman said:

Hi everyone,

I got a sky RC heater and a 2s lipo but it doesn't power up the heater ? I thought you could use 2s on these ? 

im sure the ones i had were 12v