• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 suspension help

Need some help with setting up my buggies suspension, I'm almost finished converting it to brushless and the other day noticed the suspension seems really soft especially on front and doesn't return fully when pushed down, I'm going to be using purely for bashing and I'm worried its going to be grounding out quite hard on landing jumps?

All 4 shocks are full with oil(not sure on grade) one has the very slightest of leaks, so first off I was going to change the seals if this is possible?

Once I have done that is it best to start with new springs then play about with oil weights or vice versa? The springs are the blue ones at the moment would I be right in saying there medium?

Apologies if this is a regularly covered subject,I did try a google search but the first few results threw up conflicting info on the different colour springs and didn't know what to believe,so thought id ask here as I know plenty of you guys have experience with these hypers, appreciate any advice.

Have you got the stock shocks fitted?

I swapped my hyper 7's shocks for the ones on my Hyper ST truggy - and they're much better.

If you're looking for some replacements check these out - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOBAO-HYPER-9-STAR-20MM-BIG-BORE-SHOCKS-STANDOFFS-FIT-ANY-1-8TH-BUGGY-/261456824454?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3ce00a8886 I use those on my truggy (hence swapping the stock shocks from the ST to the buggy :))

Edited by MAZ

Yeah I believe there the standard shocks mate not the big bores like in that link, the springs are same colour though.

Was thinking of getting some big bores at some point though but spent all the money on conversion at moment so was hoping to keep costs down but I guess maybe once I've bought new seals, oil, and possibly new springs I might be better off with complete new shocks?

Might keep an eye on that link though see what they go for as still got to get some batteries and paint the shell so think its gonna be at least 2 weeks before its first test run.