• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lego fanatics

hebby

1 hour ago, Ag100 said:

Built these three for my Little lad, they occasional (lots of times!) need to be rebuilt after a race!

Nice one. Even though they are the smaller type of speed champs, I found the Mclaren & Chevrolet were real nice builds.

1 hour ago, oodboo said:

The Audi has arrived and the light kit has been ordered. However, I didn’t look to see where it will be coming from and it could be August before it gets here :(

ah that's not good. I don't buy a lot on Amazon iff anything. Does it not give location?

3 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

ah that's not good. I don't buy a lot on Amazon iff anything. Does it not give location?

If you click through to the seller information it tells you there. I generally don’t bother doing that though. We buy loads off there as we have amazon prime so most stuff is free delivery, usually next day and that includes Sundays. Except the odd occasion when you accidentally order something from China.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coops said:

The 2018 one is not really on my wanted list. The older one on the other hand is 👍🏼

Like it. 

I only really wanted that set for the little one. Unfortunately you can’t buy it on it’s own.

20 minutes ago, oodboo said:

I only really wanted that set for the little one. Unfortunately you can’t buy it on it’s own.

Could build through Bricklink as an option. 

• Like 1

A few more from my little lads collection, these get regularly played with and dismantled, so I’m forever rebuilding them!

BA960731-32A0-4EC4-AC9C-B027447BF554.jpeg

1D7961BA-6DF8-408E-9677-30C44C9498F9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ChrisT said:

Good job. Any drilling involved?

No drilling, just squeezing the wires into tight places. I thought they might be supplying replacement bricks with leds built in but the set I bought was tiny leds that you squeeze in.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, oodboo said:

No drilling, just squeezing the wires into tight places. I thought they might be supplying replacement bricks with leds built in but the set I bought was tiny leds that you squeeze in.

Just had a look on mine, does look tight :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rover Man said:

We i can join in now, Had this off my daugter today for my birthday 

118350868_3239246266156899_4661806764334

Nice and happy birthday!!

Edited by shaunm
  • Like 1

well its been many years since ive built anything lego but my god there are lots of parts to this kit lol.

spent a few hours over the last couple of days and still not half way through the book yet lol 

118389754-3239887516092774-4295968268707

118588228-3248665128548346-4556656939193

118692876-3260413817373477-9169957224968

118702549-3260413647373494-1949866219892

And you just have to try the wheels as soon as poss lol

image.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Winter Season is coming!!!

And with that the father/son pleasure of trains and the nightmare for the wife.

RC Trains running through the whole house again.
And with some new extensions going into the kitchen, my office, the bedroom and most important next to my TV chair.

After I created 3 custom trains (Rail Zeppelin, TEE, Big Boy) and 1 recreation (Swiss Crocodile) with motor over the summer the total number of rolling stock increased to 10.
They move slowly from the storage to the track once the AAA batteries are charged.

IMG-4735.jpg

IMG-4736.jpg

IMG-4737.jpg

And the most important:
IMG-4192.jpg

German BR103 with 2 (!) motors able to transport a full bottle of beer from the kitchen right next to my TV chair.

( Carriage will be improved this winter to hold either 1 bottle or 2 cans and will include a holder for the bottle opener )

Next plan would be to add a camera wagon to the beer  train, so I know when to stop in the kitchen and can order the beer via    the built in microphone.

• Like 2