• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Associated B5M Build thread UPDATED 23/03/14 pic heavy build

All that's left now really other than sourcing some spares is a run.

hopefully will do that later this week at Herts if I can sneak an afternoon. Will give you a report and try and take a video of the run.

All that's left now really other than sourcing some spares is a run.

hopefully will do that later this week at Herts if I can sneak an afternoon. Will give you a report and try and take a video of the run.

Have you been able to give it a maiden run ?. Hopefully getting down to Herts next weekend for a purchase, my house saga has come to an end, exchange has finally happened !.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really sorry about the delay have had health issues which kept me away from forums and the tracks

I did give the car a run on Wednesday and all i can say is wow this thing is a different kind of fast. The grip on minipins is immense compared to the B4 and you can keep the power on nearly everywhere, it jumps nice and balanced out of the box which was a surprise and took a couple of high speed grip rolls with ease nothing even remotely close to breakages.

I am only the second person to have one at my track the first being an Associated sponsored racer who had his earlier and he has put nearly 100 packs through his and everything is stock and original.

I am hoping now to get some more time over the next fortnight for another couple of runs and report back.

And run time on 5100mah saddles is over 20 mins with stone cold motor on 23t pinion. The only change I made was ride height over stock it now sites about 15mm from the ground about half the height suggested. This virtually eliminated the grip roll

When they finally come back in stock in the UK and you are considering a 2wd buggy this is the one to get right now nothing comes close