• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Associated B5M Build thread UPDATED 23/03/14 pic heavy build

I can go up there tomorrow and ask them to put one under the counter for you if they have one. Pm me you name and phone number and I can have gary reserve it for you

You could try phoning them but shop is busy on Saturdays and mostly rings to answerphone

Thanks for the offer, but the way my life keep changes from hour to hour, house sale and starting new job at the end of next week, don't want to chance things.

I really like the look of the kit, I was thinking about getting the b5 but I think it is a little over priced compared to the b5m as you get a lot more for your money. There both a very nice looking kits.

Don't think there will be too many b5's sold in this country now even in the states the pros are using c4's and b5m's on dirt as most of our tracks are astro I can see the m outselling the 5 10 to 1 the 5 will always be better in the wet though so having the two would be the best of both worlds that's why I will be keeping the b4 when the track is slippy it's easily a match or better

Edited by wangerman69

Sorry about the delay chaps I have had a few pressing health concerns which has meant I have not had the time or inclination to work on this much until today. hopefully things are coming under control soon as the medication builds up and i can finish this

On with the build for now though

First piccie is building up the servo linkage. I use an Align super high speed servo which I believe is a Savox by another name either way it was

Edited by wangerman69

That will be it's maiden outing and to be honest where it will spend most of it's time. I had plenty of spares for the B4 so didn't mind taking it out bashing but with this I have nowt so far so until spares become readily available and I have some I will leave it on the track.

Very wise, nothing worse than running a new car, some it breaks and you don't have the part to hand for the fix. Hopefully will get down to Herts soon, bit of retail, watch some racing and pick up one, as my house saga is finally coming to an end.

Looks good, what ESC are you using ?

Losi XCelorin M8

It's an old one now but pretty funky and all the settings can be adjusted via a pc which is groovy

Here's a link explains it better than I can

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewlosixcelorin/

Would love too but next weekend is no good for me missus will want time with me as my birthday also think a meet might be on as its usually every other and this weekend free

Just a bit of a quickie between paint coats

Have been tidying up the electrics. This requires a fair bit of planning actually as car is so narrow. On the B4 you could run the wires where you please and tie them in place, I can't do this here as need to keep getting the saddle packs in and out

From this

F36245D3-DB5C-4E17-B7BE-9A1119E1B258.jpg

To this

1A333E3A-C6A0-4110-BD77-42E587C4B343.jpg

80C8EADA-948A-4E07-81E2-213F0AF684D2.jpg

Granted not a huge difference but looks a lot better

Edited by wangerman69

Body shell all painted. Just a quickie job as I will have a pro painted one once stock arrives

E4031F99-5FCF-47D3-8B15-8C29D49F2B90.jpg

3FD611F8-F206-4EB8-8503-5B1057D2119D.jpg

And with the rest of the fleet. B4 is missing as in pieces until i can put her back together and sell her

7DF9A899-1B00-4933-9361-343EB4124D82.jpg