• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What I plan on Getting

Sin

I say save it for christmas aswell.I have a brand new rascal sitting in its box in the other room for christmas.Its been there for over a week and so far i have resisted the urge to have a look.Only thing is,i cant work out why father christmas delivered it so early :P .(i am only 35 :lol: )

Well its wrapped up, too late. So I'll be building it up on christmas day !

Just got my glow starter sat here as i ordered that myself.... gonna got test it tommoz on my mates sav !!

You got the X ss then? Good choice mate. I have just got one, had about 1/2 gallon through it, and it is just starting to free up. Evertime a tank or two goes through it when i take it out you can see a difference. They are really good to build as well.

And a question for you brainy people out there: What will central fuel tanks do for my savvy?

Cheers

Tom

And a question for you brainy people out there: What will central fuel tanks do for my savvy?

Cheers

Tom

Well some people complain of a 'half tank lean' problem, but I haven't experienced this. The mid tank mod is meant to solve this.

Becasue the tank is in the middle of the truck, its a lot harder to smash on bad landings.

And lastly, it improves the centre of gravity of the truck and improves handeling :good:

I see. Do u have one then? How do they fit in? Over the Spur, and gear housing?

Cheers

Tom

...I hope we are thinking of the same thing...

I don't have one.

There are many ways to do it, found this pic in the show us your savage thread:

DSCF0455.jpg

As you can see it is a totaly custom job, and the throttle servo requires repositioning.

If you want I can find you a how-to?

yeah i was just about to post that !!

people just think it give better handling, i think u can buy mounting kits to do it with, and i think people use them hyper tanks.

U been out with ure x ss latelty ?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/9800pro/HPIM0540.jpg

Bit like the one in the previous post? From that you can see that the electronics box has disappeared (spelling) Is it all now situated under the silver metal plating?

Cheers

Tom (sorry to be such an ass!)

http://www.madmanluke.co.uk/DB2DAAEB-5F54-...60ADB6C04F.html :good:

Thanks for that^^

And yes i have. Had it up at a BMX track thingy...And be ready for a crowd! You can get some real air. I landed all of mine but ma sisters BF kinda didn't, landed on its back front, and everything but the savvy still ran like a beaut. Very very strong, and a lovely but of kit. I am about 1/2 gallin through and it is freeing up. Cant imagine what it will be like after another 1/2 a gallon. from what i have read they take about 1 to 1 1/2 gallon to free up completly. Just make sure all your screws are tight and use plenty of thread lock where it tells you to put on.

One more question for you guys...You know the (is it a clutch bell?) But anyway, the thing that comes off the engine onto the spur. Well it keeps on working loose, and to tighten it up you have to strip the whole thing down (pain the ass) And if you tighten it to tight itwont move, and if you do it to loose it works extremly loose. Do you think the se up is right? or do you guys have the same prob. (i am a first time nitro so be gentle!)

Cheers

Tom

my mate did not thread lock his clutch screw thing the first time around, and it came loose and it wrecked all his clutch springs, so if i were u i would definitely put some thread lock on !!!

Did you say that when you tighten it fully the Clutch Bell wont move? In that case I think you're gonna have to take the whole clutch off :( .

You know the nut that tightens the flywheel on? Well it sounds like you haven't tightened that enough, and if that's the case will mean that the clutch bell is petruding the end of the shaft too much, which is why the Clutch Bell won't move when you tighten it fully.

Your taking the mick. Oh my days! Does that mean i have to do all of the plastic springy things on the flywheel?

Oh god

Thanks anyway

Tom

The clutch screws and springs? Yes, and I feel your pain mate, I feel your pain...

When I got my alloy clutch shoes I had the same problem... eventualy fitted them on the flywheel, but when I tightened the nut the CB wouldn't turn, so I had to take the shoes off, tighten that nut I told you about, and re-fit them. Just think yourself lucky you don't have thicker springs like I do, they are even harder to fit...

Good luck :)

I couldn't do them in the first place, my dad had to put the springs on for me...Will the same springs work? Or will i need new ones?

Chers

Tom

They should work, unless you intend to destroy them taking them out :P

I had loads of trouble doing the as well, you might want to think about getting a clutch tool? GO make a cheapish one.

Nah i dont need tools, Just force. Right well i am having a good Xmas soooo far! I shall go and do it now, so i will be back onhere in about 5hrs! Lol i wont take me that long am sure :P

Yeah, I was gonna get the tool, but didn't want to wait for it so just kept going :)

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.

Right, the engine is out. I have tried to get the spring and clips off and there is nothing...Give us some tips lol

I am not going to take that literally lol.

The way I do it is get a flat head screw drver under the the clutch shoes and gently lever them out. Be careful not to damage them <_<

If you cant get the screwdriver under the shoes, pull a shoe outwards so it sticks out from the flywheel, and try again. Hope that makes sense/helps :)