• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper st brushless conversion

That ESC is a 180A which will be more than enough. Nice combo. If you are going to mix batteries make sure they are the same mah and c rating. Higher the better as it looks like your ESC can handle it.

Cheers for the link Jony but I am buying second hand (but nearly new) so im getting it considerably cheaper than that anyways.

So would 20c batteries be too little for the truggy and 130c would that be OK or to much?

I am running 14t on 2100kv does get warm but not hot

What sort of speeds you getting with that setup mate?

I'm getting a 1950kv motor and will be running on 4s to start with but I am unsure which size pinion to go with.

I run 18t on a 2200. Goes like stink and I love it. Back flips on command. Runs a little warm though, so regular breaks between packs.

Mine is the second car (full black) that goes over the ramp, I try to back flip everything. :whistling:

I run 18t on a 2200. Goes like stink and I love it. Back flips on command. Runs a little warm though, so regular breaks between packs.

You sure that's only a little warm? I mean, I run mine with 14T on 2200 and it's a little warm :)

Is your motor can touchable ?

Tapatalk

You sure that's only a little warm? I mean, I run mine with 14T on 2200 and it's a little warm :)

Is your motor can touchable ?

Tapatalk

Yeah, it was completely fine. I didn't use my IR temp gun, but I could easily hold onto it for ages.

When I take it out next I will record times and temps. :)

That was running mainly 4s and a single 5s pack.