• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arthur's Jammin X1-CR

RcTT01

Hello, 

Recently decided to get back into the RC world! After selling up a few years back i still had my buggy, Its a OFNA Jammin X1-CR which i bought in America years back. Last year i got it out dusted it off, went out and bought a new clutch, tubes, fuel, glow plugs and few other bits, i had a go at getting it up running again but gave up. Last week i had another go (More determined) and i got it running! it was the clutch that was playing up, it needed rebuilding and the engine needed tweaking!

I'm really not very good when it comes to engines etc and id consider myself quite the "Noob" but I'm very happy with it starting and running again now! Hopefully with help from you guys il have it running perfect again!

Heres a few photos, 

ofn34961.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Okay so few issues i need help with, the main one is that the steering isn't turning very fast, i found the issue, its the plastic mud guard rubbing on the servo which slows it down, i removed the guard and it worked much better but I'm still not happy with it. i want to upgrade the servo and pack it up so it does not rub.

So the question is what servo do i need for quick sharp steering? 

What does it mean when the car cuts out when i remove the glow plug warmer?

Where can i get a shell from cheap?

Thanks in advance!

Arthur

Cheap body shells check endoflinerc they have shells for very cheap. You may get one there failing that try eBay or even google x1cr body shells :)

For servos try the power hd servos from Modelsport. Well priced with good specs. Unfortunately most buggies or any model really come with poor servos stock :(

Can't help with any nitro specific advice as I don't know much about nitro, I'm more a brushless kinda guy :lol:

thanks, il take a look at the shells in the morning, i had a look at the servos and they look good, so is it the higher the Kg the better / faster?

Thanks

Generally you'll want a high torque servo for buggy steering (the higher KG the better) the high speed may struggle a little on longer grass and the steering could become a little too lively! See how you get on, any servo will be better than a factory fitted one :)

What fuel are you using?

I know you got it in America, but over here that's a Hong Nor X1 CR. Spares and such can be had from quite a few places, such as Modelsport and JE Models. Engine looks to be a rebadged Force 26, the same one that Hot Bodies put in the Lightning Stadium Pro and Sport. As for servos, depends on your budget. If you want the best of the best and not really bothered about spending alot, go for an XP Digital DS1015 for steering and DS1313 for throttle/brake. However these, as well as the Power HD servos are digital and you'll need a 2.4Ghz radio system. Again if you want good stuff, go for Spektrum, there's quite a range, I recommend the DX3C. As for the engine cutting out when you remove your glow igniter, it could be that the plug is too cold and you need a hotter one, I've never had a problem with the OS #8. Oh and your first picture shows the engine without an air filter fitted. If you don't have one, please purchase an air filter, running your engine without one is a sure way to quickly kill your engine, again there's quite a range, if you need advice on which one to purchase, just ask. If you still use the 4 AA batteries for the receiver then another recommended upgrade is a rechargeable 6v battery pack, this is especially essential if you wish to upgrade your servos. As for the bodyshell, Modelsport sell a clear replacement that you have to paint yourself, no stock at the moment but they'll be happy to back order it for you.

Lee.

• 4 months later...

Okay, so little update, a few months ago i took the car apart as i smashed the front end up :( took me a wile to get the parts so it was left unused for ages, today i rebuilt the front end, that was a right puzzle! and now the engine has seemed to seize? any ideas why? i took the clutch off and it then seemed to turn in my hand and the piston was moving up and down but when fixed to the car is won't turn with the starter,

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Nitros are pretty tight at the top of the piston stroke the cold this time of year don't help you will need to put some heat in to the engine to reduce the pinch at TDC putting heat into it will losen the motor up so it will turn over easier. The pinch will losen up over time as it gets warn in more I'm guessing your engine Is pretty new ? Or not been used much ?

Both of my buggys do this I tryed to fire one up the other day and it was that tight it would stop my starter box dead put some heat in to it and it fired stright up

I use a paint stripping heat gun on its lowest setting gets it warmed up pretty quick

You can use hair dryers too but they take some time to warm it up

Thing is both the above are mains powerd and you can't use them when out with the car there are proper engine pre heaters on the market that are battery powerd but these are