• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what to buy?

BanditBuggy

I was after one of these but got warned away from it from my local shop. They break easy and parts are expensive. What he reccommended which he use to race as a promo and my mate actually bought was a Centuryuk BSD. And to be honest it's great. For three reasons

1. 18 OS engine

2. 2 speed

3. Parts are dirt cheap

http://www.centuryuk.com/RC-Cars-and-Trucks/Nitro-Cars/Nitro-Assault/12003-/Nitro-Assault-Buggy-1-10TH-OS--18-Engine

Some of the HPI's are not too bad, just seems the Bullet gets a bad rep for being made out of jelly.  What are you leaning towards so far????

My hotbodies lightning truggy (trophy) is great but even with every optional extra it still breaks. I've even managed to strip the hardened diff gears. My losi 3.0 buggy has taken more of a hammering on the track and I've only burnt out a servo. I bought a second 3.0 with

Not too sure on spedd, but I find its quick enough.  Beats most of the buggys running at the local spot.  Try and use Optifuel if you can, and try and stay away from the Modeltechnics branded fuel (I believe thats what the MS fuel is).  I had trouble with the Model Technics fuel I bought from Model Zone, changed to Optifuel and havent had a problem since.  You buying an MTA4 brand new???

16% to bed the engine in. To bed do 4 tanks 1/4 throttle, 4 tanks 1/2 throttle and 4 tanks full throttle u want to get the engine hot enough in all rev ranges. Then tune. The tune will change every time you use it due to ambient air temps and humidity but once the LSN is set that doesn't need must adjusting its the HSN that need adjusting a lot on different days to get the most out of it

Also works best when u do the bed in u don't stop the engine every time u fill the tank just keep the engine going as much as poss. We all start somewhere and it's so frustrating when u get a new car and you are new to it and all u want to do is play and u have the annoying break in stage and have very little knowledge of what ur doing. Eventually over time u get the hang of it

I don't know what's in the Schumacher starter kit. Basically ur starter kit should consist of fuel, glowstarter, fuel bottle and glow plug spanner, always buy more glow plugs as most of the time u think there's something wrong with the engine and its the glow plug.

Basically you will need a glow igniter that goes in the top of the engine head, fuel (I'd stay away from 25% personally as if your just bashing, 16-20% is more than adequate), glow plug spanner etc.  Search ebay for "nitro starter kit", most will have all you need to get up and running.

I've seen some good advise and really dumb advise given in this thread if your going with the mta4 the fuel you'll need from the start is what you will use in the end which for the tt .28 engine is 25% optifuel and a few os#8 glow plugs look on modelsport website there's combo price that gives you everything you need to start you off but you'll need more than that with the thunder tiger as the exhaust pressure pipe is the worst design ever you will have problems here's the combo bit on ms null-23.png

And here is the poor excuse for an exhaust null-24.png